Thanking Recommenders

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nufsi

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have 2 professors who have submitted letters for me and I was wondering if I should
thank them now or after getting accepted to a school.
I still work with one of them and I will see him on 2/13 (he has submitted a recommendation letter in late December and I haven't thanked him yet)
I haven't seen the other professor for 6 months now- the letter was in yesterday
Should I visit them in person or is snail mail okay?
I also prepared them a small gift but I don't know which(gift/thank you note) comes first

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you note is sufficient. Rather do it now than later.

Hi,

I have 2 professors who have submitted letters for me and I was wondering if I should
thank them now or after getting accepted to a school.
I still work with one of them and I will see him on 2/13 (he has submitted a recommendation letter in late December and I haven't thanked him yet)
I haven't seen the other professor for 6 months now- the letter was in yesterday
Should I visit them in person or is snail mail okay?
I also prepared them a small gift but I don't know which(gift/thank you note) comes first
I thank my recommenders after they told me that they submitted their letters and told them i'll keep them updated, but I'm going to wait to give thank you notes after acceptance so I can deliver good news along with it which I am going to give in person. Not sure if its weird to just give a note that says something I can quickly say as I hand it to them, what kind of gift are you giving? I was thinking about adding starbucks cards?

Members don't see this ad :)
I thank my recommenders after they told me that they submitted their letters and told them i'll keep them updated, but I'm going to wait to give thank you notes after acceptance so I can deliver good news along with it which I am going to give in person. Not sure if its weird to just give a note that says something I can quickly say as I hand it to them, what kind of gift are you giving? I was thinking about adding starbucks cards?

I prepared them hand lotions from Loccitane.

Admissions process after PharmCAS verification seems pretty quick so I will just wait till the end.

Thanks for your relies.

I prepared them hand lotions from Loccitane.

Admissions process after PharmCAS verification seems pretty quick so I will just wait till the end.

Thanks for your relies.
DID YOU RECENTLY SUMBIT WITH PHARMCAS ? Will it take them a long time to verify my stuff if I wait til the 17 to submit ?

I submitted my application through PharmCAS on 1/17, it got verified on 2/1, and I received an invitation to interview on 2/2.
My transcript was already in in late December, so that may have shortened the verification time.
Do you have a particular reason to wait until the 17th? I suggest that you submit your app asap since it may take up till 6 weeks.

Pcat scores are low . If I just wait til next year will I have to start from the beginning?