thank you letters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmou123

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many should I write? Do I write one for every person that I interviewed with or just the PD and Chairman?

Members don't see this ad.

How many should I write? Do I write one for every person that I interviewed with or just the PD and Chairman?

Don't. They don't change the outcome. Say what you want about character. Do it if that's your principle. If you're doing it to increase your chances, don't.

Don't. They don't change the outcome. Say what you want about character. Do it if that's your principle. If you're doing it to increase your chances, don't.

Again, agreed. You're ranked far before that thank you note will arrive at the office. You will not move up in the rankings even if writing an eloquent thank you note to anyone.

Being polite in an interview might get you ranked higher, being polite after your gone won't make a difference.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wrote TYL's and still do for many different things, but the reason I do it is that I was rasied to write them. DO NOT write TYL's thinking that it will help out your chances of getting into a program.

hey everyone

does anyone have ideas about Thank you letters to profs that have written a LOR on your behalf. Also, what about TYL for chairman of a dept that you did an away elective or subI assuming they wrote you a solid LOR afterwards.
thanks in adnvance.

hey everyone

does anyone have ideas about Thank you letters to profs that have written a LOR on your behalf. Also, what about TYL for chairman of a dept that you did an away elective or subI assuming they wrote you a solid LOR afterwards.
thanks in adnvance.

Sure, why not. I write thank you notes relatively frequently. They usually don't hurt if written sincerely.