Thank You Letter Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1022805

Hello!

Just finished an interview at my top choice and I had two questions:

1) I really enjoyed the interview day as it was in person and the admissions team really stepped up their game and I wanted to send them a thank you letter. I was wondering if handwritten letters are ok to send? If so, should I hand deliver it since I am still in the city or just mail it in? Or should I just send an email solely? Any advice on this is super helpful

2) Since this is my top choice, would it be fine to also expand on this thank you letter by also using it as a letter of intent or letter of interest? Or these should be separate. Also, I am not sure if it is too early to do send on LOI or if it makes it seem like I am desperate :/. Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

It doesn't matter if you email vs. handwrite, but don't show up unannounced like a creeper.

It is ridiculously early to be declaring that a school is your top choice. Even if it's true.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
It doesn't matter if you email vs. handwrite, but don't show up unannounced like a creeper.

It is ridiculously early to be declaring that a school is your top choice. Even if it's true.
Okay thank you! So if I mail it to the admissions office that would be fine? Even if it doesn't follow the 24 hour rule?

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok thank you! The 24 hour rule is like sending the thank you within 24 hours btw.
Sounds made up to me... :)

These things do not matter. If it makes you feel good to send a thank you letter or it's how your momma raised you, go for it, but seriously don't sweat the details of how or when you send it.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Sounds made up to me... :)

These things do not matter. If it makes you feel good to send a thank you letter or it's how your momma raised you, go for it, but seriously don't sweat the details of how or when you send it.
Yeah thats what I figured but they really upped their game to other interviews I attended so I wanted to send a thank you letter.

Schools have barely interviewed 10% of their applicants. Similarly, there is no way an applicant has interviewed at all possible programs. That program is only #1 until another program impresses you more.

Also, 24 hour rule isn’t real. If you send a thank you, good on you (obviously don’t wait 3 months), but it’s not make or break. I’ve been in those decision meetings and “did they send a thank you letter?” never came up.

Reactions: 2 users