Thank you letter/email

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hawaiiDPT2021

Reaction score
Has anyone sent a thank you letter/email after their interview and gotten an acceptance? Wondering how many students actually do this.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone sent a thank you letter/email after their interview and gotten an acceptance? Wondering how many students actually do this.
i sent one to every person that interviewed me, about 7 and was only denied from one. I don’t think it’s entirely mandatory, especially if it was a group interview, but for a one-on-one i think writing one and adding a comment in there specific to something said during your interview shows them that you were attentive and helps them better remember you as well. If it’s a school you’re very serious about, i would recommend writing one. Even if it’s a school that’s not your top choice, thanking them for their time and saying you enjoyed getting to know them will never hurt.

i sent one to every person that interviewed me, about 7 and was only denied from one. I don’t think it’s entirely mandatory, especially if it was a group interview, but for a one-on-one i think writing one and adding a comment in there specific to something said during your interview shows them that you were attentive and helps them better remember you as well. If it’s a school you’re very serious about, i would recommend writing one. Even if it’s a school that’s not your top choice, thanking them for their time and saying you enjoyed getting to know them will never hurt.
Did you send an email or handwritten note?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed at 3 schools, and sent emails to the professors and/or the general PT admissions email address within 24 hours of each interview. So far I have been accepted to every school. I don’t think it was a huge factor in my acceptance, but a kind gesture can go a long way!

Email! at the end of my individual interviews i asked for a business card so i could contact them if I had anymore questions and usually their personal email was on there. if not just remember their name and usually their contact info is on the schools website under dpt faculty

I emailed the program director and professor who interviewed me to thank them. A little extra politeness will never hurt.

Email. It looks good. Email the people you interviewed with and even briefly talked to. Refer back to something you spoke about and send the email ideally within 24 while you’re still fresh in their mind!

While I don't think it influences their decision, it's nice to show gratitude for their time during this process. I've given handwritten thank you cards to the people I interacted with and received help from (admissions, enrollment advisor, interviewer) shortly after interviews were completed. I've been accepted to one program so far and during a phone call with them for an inquiry I had, they actually thanked me for the cards.

Sent a thank you card to both interviews I went to directed at the people I schmoozed with or interviewed with, wasn't accepted at either.

I thought of doing it myself but ultimately decided not to. It's a nice thing to do, but it doesn't increase your chances. You have all the time to develop relationships with whoever accepts you.

I had two schools that I got interviews for and I emailed the professors who interviewed me the next day. Each of them responded except for one. It’s a kind and polite gesture I believe.