thank you cards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ptstudenttobe

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm about to leave my job as an aide, and was wondering if I should leave the therapists and assistants with thank you cards. I was thinking of giving them some gift cards, but as a broke college grad and soon to be broke pt student, I thought that would be a bit more difficult as there are about 15 therapists and assistants i would like to personally thank. has anyone who had left their jobs as an aide done something of some sort? I just feel like they've all taught me something and helped prepare me for the field that I feel they desere even just a little something.

Members don't see this ad.

I wrote a note and left it taped up in their computer room where they could all see it. They were great people to work with. The majority of the therapists were intelligent and genuinely good people.

I wrote a thank you letter to the head of the rehab department and my immediate supervisor of the PT techs (who was actually the head OT). I would've loved to have written to all the OTs and PTs but where I worked (in a hospital) there were I think 6-8 of each too. ;)

I'd say write the head of the department or if you have a supervisor and just thank the others in person..

Members don't see this ad :)
If you want to be a little less personal (but save money), you can just get a gift for the entire department/clinic.

I never left a thank you card. However, I did send a postcard with a photo of my school addressed to the entire clinic after the first semester.