Thai medical schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheDervish

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do any Thai medical schools teach in English? If so, do any accept USA citizens?

Members don't see this ad.

i'm not sure if they teach in english, but their text books are all in english. i think if you can understand thai, you should get along fine.

from what i know though, thai medical schools are astonishingly difficult to get into, and all the students are young (they are just out of high school). i'm not sure if they accept foreign citizens at all ...

Thai Med Skuls are taught in Thai, all of them. So far none of them opening international program. If you could speak, read, and write thai then you are eligible aside the tough entrance exams.

Members don't see this ad :)
Aye, I contacted one university with a lot of English international programs that also had a medical school, and of course they don't teach in English. Too bad -- I am a big fan of Thai cuisine.

I graduated from Thailand and now do my residency here in the states. None of our 13 med schools teaching in English, although most of textbook are English. However, you could do your 1-2 months elective in one of the most prestigious medical school in Thailand, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital Mahidol University (www.si.mahidol.ac.th). :laugh:

I think there is a place (SWU) where they have international program but else where as I know of there is none .. But we do study from english textbook :) anyway it's not enough if you don't know Thai for regular medical course