Textbook of Critical Care 6th edition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SexPanther

This could be a problem
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody have it or been reading it? If so, how do you like it?

I have the Parrillo 3rd edition Critical Care Medicine published in 2008 but would like something more recent for nighttime reading.

Of course, all info in textbooks is a little dated but I will be supplementing with articles etc.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Just pick one. Pick the newest one. The last big text I bought still talked about getting random cortisols :lame:.

Marini's Essentials is pretty darn good and new, 2010 I think. Like any of your "essentials" type of book is paired down from a "principles" type of hardbound book, but I like it (though I don't personally own a copy). Plus he's a ventilator guru (Check out his point-counter-point in the recent Chest).

I bought it as a reference. I read some chapters and it seemed pretty good. Just too bulky to carry around...

Just pick one. Pick the newest one. The last big text I bought still talked about getting random cortisols :lame:.

Marini's Essentials is pretty darn good and new, 2010 I think. Like any of your "essentials" type of book is paired down from a "principles" type of hardbound book, but I like it (though I don't personally own a copy). Plus he's a ventilator guru (Check out his point-counter-point in the recent Chest).

+1 for Marini