Textbook chapter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FSU2013

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I was offered the opportunity to help write a chapter in a text on radonc. I was hoping for a realistic assessment of how this will influence my app. Is this looked at similarly to a research pub in a peer-reviewed journal? better? worse? Obviously, I realize there is a large variation between a long chapter in a well-known text and a two page chapter in a crummy text, but I was hoping to get some info from people who are a bit more knowledgeable than I am currently.

I don't want to let myself get too excited about it because I really have no idea how big of a deal it is (or is not). It will end up being a huge lit review explaining why the standard of care is what it is and how it got to be what it is. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

GFunk - as always, your input is appreciated. I figured that was the case, but it's all I can get right now in the RadOnc arena so I'm jumping on the opportunity and hoping it (and anything else that comes up in the next year) will be enough when next fall rolls around.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Also don't underestimate how much time/work is involved with writing a text book chapter. It's a lot of work...

Don't worry about him. He doesn't have much else to do.