This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuPTtstudent

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last week I got an email for an interview with Texas State University in San Marcos for the DPT program. My interview is this Friday Nov. 18th and I was wondering if anyone that attended or got an interview from them, can give any insight how the interview process is? What kind of questions do the ask? Is it just one interview? Do they ask heavily on PT information? Any help would be great. I really want to get accepted, I worked so hard this year.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last week I got an email for an interview with Texas State University in San Marcos for the DPT program. My interview is this Friday Nov. 18th and I was wondering if anyone that attended or got an interview from them, can give any insight how the interview process is? What kind of questions do the ask? Is it just one interview? Do they ask heavily on PT information? Any help would be great. I really want to get accepted, I worked so hard this year.

Thanks
I think they only have 1 interview day!

Yes, they do all interviews on one day. Very different from everyone else. And that was the first interview that wasn't a blind interview; meaning, the interviewers have seen your application and have formed some preconceived opinions. In a blind interview, the interviewers don't know anything about you and they're grading your interview without any formed bias. I suppose that could good, bad, or neither. How did your interview go? I was there. I love the city of Austin (just north of San Marcos), but I wasn't that impressed with the program at Texas State. I went to an interview for UNT and UTMB, and both seemed far more of a professional program. Maybe it was just a first impression, but Texas State felt very 'undergrad', so to speak. Compacent, maybe? Not sure how to explain my impression. I got into UNT and UTMB, and I think that if I was to attend Texas State it would be for the city more so than the program. Short term thinking???

I would be curious if anyone has updated information on the interviewing process and program in general for Texas State. I have an interview for the program in a few weeks. Also, what do people usually wear for these interviews?