General Admissions & OTCAS Texas OT applicants 2018/2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello guys I’m new here! I just got accepted into UTHSCSA and couldn’t be more excited I was wondering if there’s any FB group for the cohort or other group that I may be missing out on. Thank y’all and can’t wait to meet everybody else :)

We have a groupme chat if you want to message me privately so that I can add you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Declined an offer at UTHSCSA, it was a difficult decision.
But hopefully someone will be contacted soon!

Don't give up everyone!

May I ask why you declined or where you accepted instead?

For UTMB is there a number I can call checking if my FAFSA went through? I can’t find anyone to call regarding that stuff

Members don't see this ad :)
For UTMB is there a number I can call checking if my FAFSA went through? I can’t find anyone to call regarding that stuff
I’m attending UTHSCSA, but I heard all FASFA should go through by the end of this month so I would keep checking through the end of this week

I was told that they are waiting until admissions are more final to make the Facebook pages, and then the current student president will get the pages started. I wish they'd do it soon, I want to meet my cohort!
Awesome, thank you!

May I ask why you declined or where you accepted instead?

I'll be attending TWU-Houston for a variety of reasons.

One being that it was the more financially responsible decision for me being local to Houston and I simply couldn't afford the extra year of schooling at UTHSCSA. I loved the UTHSCSA program/staff and the doctoral opportunity is undeniably amazing, however it just wasn't the best option for me.

I'll be attending TWU-Houston for a variety of reasons.

One being that it was the more financially responsible decision for me being local to Houston and I simply couldn't afford the extra year of schooling at UTHSCSA. I loved the UTHSCSA program/staff and the doctoral opportunity is undeniably amazing, however it just wasn't the best option for me.

well I hope you enjoy your experience at TWU- Houston! the most important thing is that we’ll be doing what we love in just a couple of years!

Reactions: 1 users
I just got accepted off the waitlist to Texas Tech! Does anyone know if there is a Facebook page?? Or anyone on here that’s going looking for a roomie??

I was accepted at ACU, but declined my offer today since I got off the waitlist at Texas Tech!! I requested to be on the FB page for TTU, so if anyone could add me to it that would be great :) Congrats to everyone on their acceptances and for those of you still waiting, keep your faith and have patience. This is my second year applying... your time will happen and it will be perfect!
I just got accepted as well! How do you get onto the Facebook page??

Does anybody have any info on TWU Denton after being accepted? When classes start, etc. ? I just got an acceptance email two weeks ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who was waitlisted from ACU heard anything?
I have been accepted to another program out of state so it feels less dire now, but it would still be the more convenient option so I am trying to keep up with this thread. :)

Has anyone who was waitlisted from ACU heard anything?
I have been accepted to another program out of state so it feels less dire now, but it would still be the more convenient option so I am trying to keep up with this thread. :)
I called back on Thursday and they are still going through the waitlist. Good news is that they still have 25 more spots to fill but they still wont release ranking or the ordr of the list. You can follow up to see if they have emailed out any more acceptance letter. I'm patiently waiting as well. She also told me that there are around 150 on the list remaining

I JUST GOT RECOMMEND TO BE ACCEPTED INTO THE TWU DENTON PROGRAM!!

I was starting to feel worried about being waitlisted and now knowing where I stood in the wait list was stressful but it finally happened! Wishing the best for everyone else still waiting!

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone have an estimate how much the whole program will cost including tuition, books, materials, etc? Not including housing! :)

I was starting to feel worried about being waitlisted and now knowing where I stood in the wait list was stressful but it finally happened! Wishing the best for everyone else still waiting!
Giving me hope! Congratulations! Hope it’s great! :)

I just got off the waitlist at Texas Tech. I’ve been accepted to a few other schools but not 100% sure where I want to go. I would love to hear from anyone that has been accepted to Tech

Hi guys! I got into St. Augustine's OTD program this coming fall 2019 in Austin. Anyone else get in?

Last edited:
I just got off the waitlist at Texas Tech. I’ve been accepted to a few other schools but not 100% sure where I want to go. I would love to hear from anyone that has been accepted to Tech

I was accepted there but declined for the OTD program at UT Health San Antonio. I did my undergrad at Texas Tech and currently work at the hospital connected to the TTUHSC as a rehab tech and have a couple of friends in the program. I have heard nothing but great things about the professors and the curriculum! I mainly chose UT Health for the location.

I was accepted there but declined for the OTD program at UT Health San Antonio. I did my undergrad at Texas Tech and currently work at the hospital connected to the TTUHSC as a rehab tech and have a couple of friends in the program. I have heard nothing but great things about the professors and the curriculum! I mainly chose UT Health for the location.
Thank you so much for the input!! I've only been to Lubbock once and stayed kind of far from the University. I would love to message you some questions or connect with your friends that are in the program, if possible.

Thank you so much for the input!! I've only been to Lubbock once and stayed kind of far from the University. I would love to message you some questions or connect with your friends that are in the program, if possible.
Sure! You can PM on here!

Big Congrats!! I will see you in the fall!

Anyone attending TWU, did you all get a text message about seats filling up quickly and contacting an academic advisor?

Accepted to TWU Denton this morning!! There is definitely still hope!

Quick Question re TWU prerequisites:

I'm looking to apply to TWU this Fall and see that their website states that all prerequisites must be complete at the time of application. Applications are due by Oct 1. I have Development Psych scheduled for Fall semester so assume this will be an issue. Has anyone had a prereq in progress at time of application and been admitted to TWU? Thanks!

I’m looking as well!

Hi! I just received news that I am off the waitlist at Texas Tech! Is there a Facebook page that I can join? I also want to try to find a roommate if anyone is still looking. I am moving from Houston!

Quick Question re TWU prerequisites:

I'm looking to apply to TWU this Fall and see that their website states that all prerequisites must be complete at the time of application. Applications are due by Oct 1. I have Development Psych scheduled for Fall semester so assume this will be an issue. Has anyone had a prereq in progress at time of application and been admitted to TWU? Thanks!
Yes! I had to change my schedule around and take a statistics in the summer instead of fall

Yes! I had to change my schedule around and take a statistics in the summer instead of fall
Thanks!! I emailed the program and they confirmed that it is a requirement. Will likely change up my schedule as well.

Hi! I just received news that I am off the waitlist at Texas Tech! Is there a Facebook page that I can join? I also want to try to find a roommate if anyone is still looking. I am moving from Houston!
That's so great! Congratulations!
Would you mind telling me when your interview date and time was?
I have been waitlisted since December and I was interviewed at 2:15 on Dec 1st.

That's so great! Congratulations!
Would you mind telling me when your interview date and time was?
I have been waitlisted since December and I was interviewed at 2:15 on Dec 1st.

Thank you so much!! I also interviewed on Dec 1st but at 8:15AM.

Thank you so much!! I also interviewed on Dec 1st but at 8:15AM.
Thank you so much for answering, I was accepted to UTEP but I'm still holding out a little hope for Tech so I don't have to give up my apartment.
Could you give me and the others still waitlisted any information about how they contacted you? Like did you get a call or email? I have just been constantly checking my email and merlin acct.

Also if you or anyone else is looking for a nice apartment complex try Bella Villas on University it is like 15 min from the school but they allow large dogs if that is something anyone accepted is looking for.

Hey girl there is a Facebook group. Message me your name and I’ll add you.

Thank you so much for answering, I was accepted to UTEP but I'm still holding out a little hope for Tech so I don't have to give up my apartment.
Could you give me and the others still waitlisted any information about how they contacted you? Like did you get a call or email? I have just been constantly checking my email and merlin acct.

Also if you or anyone else is looking for a nice apartment complex try Bella Villas on University it is like 15 min from the school but they allow large dogs if that is something anyone accepted is looking for.

Yes, of course! I received a phone call from the Director of Admissions. She left a voicemail and sent me an email. And thank you for the apartment recommendation!

If anyone that has been accepted into ACU's OT program and is seriously planning to attend, please contact me if you're looking for roommates! Thanks :)