(Texas) GPA trend mainly in the last 2 years

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Maria_L

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I would appreciate any input on how my GPA trends look. I'm studying for the MCAT to take it in about 5ish months to be ready to apply to only Texas schools. I am confident in all the other areas of my application, but my GPA is my weakest area.

Past & Current ECs include:
(deleted for privacy)

Cumulative GPA

Semester HoursGPA by YearGPA changes over time
Freshman253.243.24
Sophomore333.213.22
Junior303.333.26
Senior293.763.38
5th year at undergrad243.883.47 = Final Overall

Science GPA

Semester HourssGPA by YearsGPA changes over time
Freshman182.942.94
Sophomore223.093.03
Junior173.003.02
Senior133.463.10
5th year at undergrad143.793.21 = Final Overall

I honestly worry looking at my overall science and cumulative GPAs because that will be the first thing they see and will likely be unimpressed even if my application is awesome in other places :/ In Texas a lot of the median cumulative GPAs are in the 3.8-3.9 so when I look at the MSAR it is really discouraging. I have gotten all As except for a B every semester since the start of Senior year.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I believe I responded to a comment by you on a different post.

I believe that your upward trend is fine. To make you feel better, my cGPA and sGPA were under a 3.0 when I finished after a two year upward trend.
So just speaking in terms of your upward trend, I think its fine.

Reactions: 1 user
I believe I responded to a comment by you on a different post.

I believe that your upward trend is fine. To make you feel better, my cGPA and sGPA were under a 3.0 when I finished after a two year upward trend.
So just speaking in terms of your upward trend, I think its fine.

Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user