Texas BOP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grizzlesgrizzlies

lean/coastFIRE
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had sent in my application online as well as supplemental materials for reciprocation to Texas this week. The board usually says it takes 6 weeks for them to process the applications, but I was wondering for those who have been through the same process how much time it took for them? The only thing that I have to do now is wait for their instructions for me to submit my fingerprinting (I am not living in Texas). Would it be realistic for me to expect to be licensed (assuming I pass the law) in mid-late October? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I am in the same boat as you are. I have mailed my stuff this week. Hopefully they will take less than 6 weeks. But mid-October seems realistic for you. I hope the same for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you received the fingerprinting info from the board yet?

you can just log in online at the TSBP website to print the info...they never mailed me mine - hence the delay.

it's not that the TSBP is slow - rather, the communicate poorly - if you think they are slow, it's most likey because you are deficient in something and they fail to contact you (just keep sending them emails and keep calling Lisa Ake)

Same here. Just received the book 2 weeks ago. The best thing to do is to compare it with your current State where you are practising and learn the differences, I guess. It looks like I may need that long even to finish reading the book a couple of times. (the waiting period may be a blessing in disguise) :laugh:

you can just log in online at the TSBP website to print the info...they never mailed me mine - hence the delay.

it's not that the TSBP is slow - rather, the communicate poorly - if you think they are slow, it's most likey because you are deficient in something and they fail to contact you (just keep sending them emails and keep calling Lisa Ake)

Have you used the form from FAST eventhough it says that they will mail you the card if you don't live in Texas? I am still waiting for the form/card from them. I was just trying to save some time. Thanks for your help.

Have you used the form from FAST eventhough it says that they will mail you the card if you don't live in Texas? I am still waiting for the form/card from them. I was just trying to save some time. Thanks for your help.

I just had myself fingerprinted and mailed the card to the IBT earlier this week, unfortunately I dont think the person who fingerprinted me did a great job and I think it could get rejected so if that happens I will use the FAST form and fly out to Texas and get it done. Not sure about where you are but Im in new jersey so obv. flying out to texas would be something i would like to avoid but chances are i might have to re-do my fingerprinting to get it right.

i think it took about a week or two for them to send me the fingerprinting instructions after receiving the supplemental paperwork for applying for reciprocation. if it is longer than that for you i'd try to contact them and ask for a card.

Thank you for the prompt reply. Hopefully you don't have to re-do it. I will be calling the Board to find out about mine. Hopefully it won't take longer for them to send it. I have to be patient. For now, keep reading the book, I guess.

Finally I have received the fingerprinting card this week. Got it done and mailed it today. Now, the waiting game continues........for ATT.

Is there anything that needs to be done in the meantime other than studying?

good for you, the processing for fingerprints/fbi background check will probably take 14-21 days from the time they receive your card. the only thing we can do for now is pretty much to study

Members don't see this ad :)
are u using brinkley book? i just started chapter e, 6 more chapters to go... chapter d is by far the longest (100 pages) and the book has 10 chapters, usually 30-40 pages each on average

good for you, the processing for fingerprints/fbi background check will probably take 14-21 days from the time they receive your card. the only thing we can do for now is pretty much to study

7-day wait for me from the time I got my fingerprints done to the day I got my ATT. Just call or email Lisa or Carol daily. It works. :thumbup:

did u apply from in state or out of state? i didnt do livescan i sent ibt a card... which may take longer

not sure what you mean but i applied to TSBP from an out of state school. I waited 3-4 months after application until I arrived in TX to do my fingerprints in TX - I did not know you can do them outside of TX.

are u using brinkley book? i just started chapter e, 6 more chapters to go... chapter d is by far the longest (100 pages) and the book has 10 chapters, usually 30-40 pages each on average

I am mid-way thro' the big chapter. It is taking a lot longer than I thought. If they take about 21 days for the background checking, it may take longer to get the ATT. (hopefully not)

Gaba101,

It took only 7 days because it was live scan in your case. Yes, you can get it done out of State on an FBI card and mail it to IBT. It will take longer than live scan.

I am mid-way thro' the big chapter. It is taking a lot longer than I thought. If they take about 21 days for the background checking, it may take longer to get the ATT. (hopefully not)

Gaba101,

It took only 7 days because it was live scan in your case. Yes, you can get it done out of State on an FBI card and mail it to IBT. It will take longer than live scan.

trust me, i didn't do livescan for sure. the only thing the TSBP would accept from me was the one through their website (and it wasn't livescan)

trust me, i didn't do livescan for sure. the only thing the TSBP would accept from me was the one through their website (and it wasn't livescan)

That is impressive. I am just being hopeful that it will be done sooner than 8 weeks for me. THank you for the clarification. I was told to wait 6-8 weeks by them, so I will just do that and go on with my study I guess.

received my ATT today! You should be expecting yours soon! Study hard!

That is a great news!!!!
Does that mean the Board didn't take the 8 weeks they told you? That is awesome. Thank you for sharing the news. I gives me an idea. When are you planning to give the exam? Good luck....
I have to speed up my reading, I guess.
I really would like to read the book at least twice.

Have you seen any changes in the Board website regarding your status after they have issued your ATT?

I plan on taking it mid-october, which will give me 3+ weeks time to prepare (i work full time) so i need more time to prepare

I plan on taking it mid-october, which will give me 3+ weeks time to prepare (i work full time) so i need more time to prepare

Good luck!!!!!
Please let me know how the exam was.
I am still waiting for my ATT. Hopefully I will get it within the next couple of weeks.

7-day wait for me from the time I got my fingerprints done to the day I got my ATT. Just call or email Lisa or Carol daily. It works. :thumbup:

Yeah, ok buddy.

Don't they specifically say NOT to call/ email them daily?!?!?

They sure do. U are one ignorant SOB. U remind me of the pt who calls everyday asking if their PA went through after I already told them it would take 24-72hrs.

ppl like you make the rest of us annoyed