Texas A&M c/o 2020 Veterinary Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DouglasVet

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Howdy SDN,

I have not seen Texas A&M c/o 2020 veterinary applicants thread yet. Thought it would be good to start one so we can ask questions/share info regarding the application process.

This is my third time applying to TAMU, the first time I was outright rejected, second time I was wait listed and missed matriculation by two spots. I'm really hoping that the third time is the charm.

I hope I can be a resource to anyone applying! Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Not as active as in past years, but the thread already exists. I can't link it on my phone, but it was posted to not long ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
Howdy SDN,

I have not seen Texas A&M c/o 2020 veterinary applicants thread yet. Thought it would be good to start one so we can ask questions/share info regarding the application process.

This is my third time applying to TAMU, the first time I was outright rejected, second time I was wait listed and missed matriculation by two spots. I'm really hoping that the third time is the charm.

I hope I can be a resource to anyone applying! Good luck!
Applied recently for TAMU Vet for fall '17. Just received a list of "deficiency" classes that I've already taken. Have until end of spring '17 to "remedy the deficiencies." I'm petitioning credit for classes I've already taken. Is this a normal occurrence or should I be concerned this will have an effect on my earning an interview?

Applied recently for TAMU Vet for fall '17. Just received a list of "deficiency" classes that I've already taken. Have until end of spring '17 to "remedy the deficiencies." I'm petitioning credit for classes I've already taken. Is this a normal occurrence or should I be concerned this will have an effect on my earning an interview?
You can still earn an interview, I got an interview and an acceptance last year while they had deficiencies listed for me. There were also lots of other people at the interviews with the same thing.

Petition hard and often about the deficiencies though, I provided the school with updated information and they still listed the same deficiencies after I corrected them multiple times (and was assured that I actually did not have any deficiencies - it was a transcript/TMDSAS issue, not an actual coursework problem). I think it's something that ultimately would have been easily resolved had I decided to attend there, but I definitely know how nerve-wracking it is to get that letter.

Reactions: 1 user
You can still earn an interview, I got an interview and an acceptance last year while they had deficiencies listed for me. There were also lots of other people at the interviews with the same thing.

Petition hard and often about the deficiencies though, I provided the school with updated information and they still listed the same deficiencies after I corrected them multiple times (and was assured that I actually did not have any deficiencies - it was a transcript/TMDSAS issue, not an actual coursework problem). I think it's something that ultimately would have been easily resolved had I decided to attend there, but I definitely know how nerve-wracking it is to get that letter.
Thanks! What did you find was the best process/person to work through? Yolanda Brinkman? Or someone additionally? The deficiencies listed are Statistics- I took at a community college; maybe they require upper division? Techical Writing- I was previously informed my Composition 1 and 2 would suffice. Physics 2 with lab- which I've registered to take for spring. Thanks so much for any suggestions you may have!

Thanks! What did you find was the best process/person to work through? Yolanda Brinkman? Or someone additionally? The deficiencies listed are Statistics- I took at a community college; maybe they require upper division? Techical Writing- I was previously informed my Composition 1 and 2 would suffice. Physics 2 with lab- which I've registered to take for spring. Thanks so much for any suggestions you may have!
I would talk to Yolanda and contact other people if she suggests it. She's very nice and very helpful, so you shouldn't feel intimidated by talking to her (or really anyone else at TAMU) at all.

Reactions: 1 user