Texas 2017-2018 DPT applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Smash Atoms

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I see one of these pop up every year so I figured I may as well keep with the tradition!

cGPA (PTCAS): 3.49
pGPA: 3.97
math/science: 3.97

GRE: 161V, 158Q, 5.0 AWA

Hours: 240 total, 40 each in large outpatient ortho, privately owned outpatient ortho, inpatient adult acute, inpatient pediatric acute, inpatient sub acute neuro, outpatient pediatric neurodevelopmental

Volunteer: 138 hours hospice, 1100 community development open mic event (founder, director), 1200 hours for various dog rescue organizations

Other: Decade of experience in large format retail management, development of director level position at corporate office. Directly responsible for P&L of $12 million annual sales plan and 55 employees. Decided I hated it and went back to school.

Applied to: UT Health SA, UIW, USA, TWU, Texas State, UTSW, UNT

Interviews:
Accepted:
Rejected:

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone applying to Texas schools know what ID number we're supposed to include in our PTCAS app after submitting the Apply Texas app? Is it the Apply Texas ID number or another ID number we receive later?

TWU: ENTER YOUR TWU COLLEAGUE ID NUMBER (seven digit number generally beginning with "1"). Your ID number is required before you submit your PTCAS application to TWU and it can be located 48 hours after you submit your Apply Texas Application, you will be able to create a PORTAL account on the TWU website. Texas Woman’s University . Locate your TWU Colleague ID # at the top of the page after logging in to the TWU Portal.

Texas State: Enter your Texas State University application ID number (E00XXXXXX). The Graduate College will email you this ID number within two business days after you submit your ApplyTexas application.

No one else I am applying with requires a ApplyTexas application

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
TWU: ENTER YOUR TWU COLLEAGUE ID NUMBER (seven digit number generally beginning with "1"). Your ID number is required before you submit your PTCAS application to TWU and it can be located 48 hours after you submit your Apply Texas Application, you will be able to create a PORTAL account on the TWU website. Texas Woman’s University . Locate your TWU Colleague ID # at the top of the page after logging in to the TWU Portal.

Texas State: Enter your Texas State University application ID number (E00XXXXXX). The Graduate College will email you this ID number within two business days after you submit your ApplyTexas application.

No one else I am applying with requires a ApplyTexas application

Ah yeah I did see that after I posted.. I think I'll have to just keep trying the TWU one and wait for an email from Texas State. Those are the only two that require this I believe.

Has anyone had an interview with Texas Tech and heard back?

Yo! There is a thread with a similar title to this one that has been running a bit longer, a few folks on that one have interviewed at tech. Good luck!

Solid stats!
I'm still waiting on TX State

Did anyone in this forum apply to Angelo State University or UTEP and have heard back? I received an email like two weeks ago from UTEP telling me I am still being considered, but I think that was a mass email they sent to everyone that applied. I got into UMHB in Belton, Texas, campus is great and so are the professors. but its hella expensive lol.

I am really hoping i hear back from ASU or UTEP soon.

I interviewed at UIW on 2/17/18 and was waitlisted last week. Is anyone who was accepted or waitlisted rejecting their offer from UIW?

I see one of these pop up every year so I figured I may as well keep with the tradition!

cGPA (PTCAS): 3.49
pGPA: 3.97
math/science: 3.97

GRE: 161V, 158Q, 5.0 AWA

Hours: 240 total, 40 each in large outpatient ortho, privately owned outpatient ortho, inpatient adult acute, inpatient pediatric acute, inpatient sub acute neuro, outpatient pediatric neurodevelopmental

Volunteer: 138 hours hospice, 1100 community development open mic event (founder, director), 1200 hours for various dog rescue organizations

Other: Decade of experience in large format retail management, development of director level position at corporate office. Directly responsible for P&L of $12 million annual sales plan and 55 employees. Decided I hated it and went back to school.

Applied to: UT Health SA, UIW, USA, TWU, Texas State, UTSW, UNT

Interviews:
Accepted:
Rejected:

Good luck everyone!
Hey! I was wondering if you got your hours in san antonio? I still technically live there but I am currently an undergrad (junior) in Massachusetts. I am going to be back in Texas for the summer trying to do some pre reqs at maybe an alamo college but I also wanted to get in some hours when I can, but I am just having trouble just getting started in looking since I'm across the country. If there are any tips or anything else that you know that could help, I'd really appreciate it!

Wherebare you trying to observe? (What setting)

Wherebare you trying to observe? (What setting)
Im leaning more towards an outpatient ortho or inpatient pediatric, maybe a privately owned if possible. I'm willing to do almost anything as I haven't done any observations.

Inpatient peds is tough to get, most hospitals take a long time to get into.
For outpatient ortho it was easy. Just hit up google maps and look up PT clinics near where you will be staying and start calling and asking if they are taking anyone to shadow. A few may say no, but a few will say yes so just be patient and keep trying until you lock something down.

Inpatient peds is tough to get, most hospitals take a long time to get into.
For outpatient ortho it was easy. Just hit up google maps and look up PT clinics near where you will be staying and start calling and asking if they are taking anyone to shadow. A few may say no, but a few will say yes so just be patient and keep trying until you lock something down.
Thank you so much!