Testing Year Remaining: 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scarlettsky

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have my MCAT exam too soon to be able to reschedule (after the deadline), but I can't take it (I won't get into the details).

And I'm extremely worried because AAMC says Testing Year Remaining: 1.

Is that number counting before or after I take the one that is too late to reschedule? If I can't take this one, will it go to zero attempts and I won't be able to schedule another one this year?

Or is it what I have left after this one that can't be rescheduled? If I don't take this one, can I still schedule another one right after?

Members don't see this ad.

I have my MCAT exam too soon to be able to reschedule (after the deadline), but I can't take it (I won't get into the details).

And I'm extremely worried because AAMC says Testing Year Remaining: 1.

Is that number counting before or after I take the one that is too late to reschedule? If I can't take this one, will it go to zero attempts and I won't be able to schedule another one this year?

Or is it what I have left after this one that can't be rescheduled? If I don't take this one, can I still schedule another one right after?
How many times have you taken it before this?

Testing limits:
There are testing limits on how many times you can take the MCAT exam. Voids and no-shows count toward your lifetime limits. Remember that you can only be registered for one seat at a time.

Single testing year:

The MCAT exam can be taken up to three times.

Two consecutive-year period:

The MCAT exam can be taken up to four times.

Lifetime:

The MCAT exam can be taken up to seven times in a lifetime.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How many times have you taken it before this?

Testing limits:
There are testing limits on how many times you can take the MCAT exam. Voids and no-shows count toward your lifetime limits. Remember that you can only be registered for one seat at a time.

Single testing year:

The MCAT exam can be taken up to three times.

Two consecutive-year period:

The MCAT exam can be taken up to four times.

Lifetime:

The MCAT exam can be taken up to seven times in a lifetime.
Do you know if the two years goes by months or like actual year? One of them may not count anymore. But I'm not sure. Is the "Test Remaining: 1" counting the one coming up or not?

Last edited: