test post

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JJacobsDO152

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
test

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
As the title states, if you defer your graduation date for not matching, are you obligated to complete the full year? If an open position becomes available say in August, are you allowed to leave to fill that position or are you required to completed the deferred year and apply for residency again that fall?
If you don’t have a degree, then you can’t fill the position. If your school will quickly give you the degree, then there is a possibility.

What a stupid response, I should have thought of that. Hope you're doing well @rokshana I used to follow your posts from the ValueMD days.
Eh...post got the answer it deserved

I mean, let’s face it...if you had to delay graduation because you failed to
Match or soap, then you probably need the year to do something to improve your application...just because a program has an unexpected opening doesn’t mean they are just gonna take anybody...there are plenty of people out there that have their degree and can start the process immediately...why would a program wait for a medical student to get their diploma to fill the spot?

Use this year that you were given (not all schools will be generous enough to let a student defer graduation) to improve your application for next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users