Test or no test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Test or no test

• No tests at all

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • ECG only

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • ECG plus some chemistry/blood work

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

militarymd

SDN Angel
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So...on my other thread...which has strayed a little off the initial discussion..

Test or no tests.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
so i took the poll, but if you can entertain a little more misdirection:

quick clarification-

the K+ is 2.5 (available to us, not ordered) everything we do is a cost/benefit analysis...

mil and jet: there's more risk to giving a little bit of slow IV pottasium (or PO pre-op or post-op) than possible benefit (arrythmia prevention postoperatively at home, if not perioperatively)?

(i understand that people with chronically low pottasium may do better with a chronically low pottasium...aggressive acute repletion changes the differential across the cell membrane dangerously, etc etc)

so i took the poll, but if you can entertain a little more misdirection:

quick clarification-

the K+ is 2.5 (available to us, not ordered) everything we do is a cost/benefit analysis...

mil and jet: there's more risk to giving a little bit of slow IV pottasium (or PO pre-op or post-op) than possible benefit (arrythmia prevention postoperatively at home, if not perioperatively)?

(i understand that people with chronically low pottasium may do better with a chronically low pottasium...aggressive acute repletion changes the differential across the cell membrane dangerously, etc etc)

that's correct..that's why you shouldn't check it.