This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nothing here (OOS) at what point do I start panicking?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! I was going through my email and realized that I haven’t received anything from Tennessee. Not even an update email. I just wanted to check in that this was normal and there wasn’t an issue with my email, because this happened to a friend of mine last cycle. Thanks!!

Hey guys! I was going through my email and realized that I haven’t received anything from Tennessee. Not even an update email. I just wanted to check in that this was normal and there wasn’t an issue with my email, because this happened to a friend of mine last cycle. Thanks!!
I don’t think I’ve received anything either, but I have in my little notes that I’m not expecting to hear anything until January (I probably got that from the site) so don’t panic yet:)

I don’t think I’ve received anything either, but I have in my little notes that I’m not expecting to hear anything until January (I probably got that from the site) so don’t panic yet:)
Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
I haven't heard anything about Fall 2020 transcripts, should I be sending those?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS rejection :( Colorado and Tennessee both sent their decisions today and I was rejected from both. Too much for one day lol. These last two schools were my last hope this cycle.

Got a rejection email today but it said thank you for interviewing but we don’t have a place for you? I never interviewed with them?

Got a rejection email today but it said thank you for interviewing but we don’t have a place for you? I never interviewed with them?
I got the same thing too! I never received an invite to interview

OOS Rejected. A little disheartened by the self led file review that says GPA wasn’t the deciding factor. My GPA is the weakest part of my application, but I have strong LORS, experience, and the works. I guess we will see in formal file review. Essays perhaps?

OOS still haven’t received anything but at this point I’m expecting rejection...

I still haven’t gotten anything. Is anyone else in this boat?

Still haven't heard anything :(

OOS Rejected. A little disheartened by the self led file review that says GPA wasn’t the deciding factor. My GPA is the weakest part of my application, but I have strong LORS, experience, and the works. I guess we will see in formal file review. Essays perhaps?
Where do you see that? A portal? Or do they say that all in an email?

I still haven’t heard anything! Idk of that’s a good thing or bad thing! Anyone else in the dark?!

I still haven’t heard anything! Idk of that’s a good thing or bad thing! Anyone else in the dark?!
Me! I’m still hoping no news is good news. I think they put out a deadline that all invites would be sent by the 8th.

Where did you find this????

I am an OOS and was invited for an interview! Hoping for the best!

OOS still haven’t heard anything..... anyone else??

Reactions: 2 users
I called yesterday and spoke with Deborah Shepherd, who's the admissions coordinator since I hadn't heard anything from them about my application. They've already sent out interviews to the 250 people they selected. Out of those 250, some will have already accepted to other schools and reject an interview offer. Anybody on the ranked list after those 250 people will be offered interviews. By the end of next week, you should know if you've been offered an interview or simply denied. I was told I was in the top 400 applicants out of the 1300 total (near the end of that 400 list) and told it was highly unlikely for me to get offered an interview this cycle. Hope this helps any of you.

Reactions: 4 users
I called yesterday and spoke with Deborah Shepherd, who's the admissions coordinator since I hadn't heard anything from them about my application. They've already sent out interviews to the 250 people they selected. Out of those 250, some will have already accepted to other schools and reject an interview offer. Anybody on the ranked list after those 250 people will be offered interviews. By the end of next week, you should know if you've been offered an interview or simply denied. I was told I was in the top 400 applicants out of the 1300 total (near the end of that 400 list) and told it was highly unlikely for me to get offered an interview this cycle. Hope this helps any of you.
Thanks for this info! I'll stop stressing now and chalk this up to a rejection lol

Reactions: 3 users
OOS just received this email:

Thank you for your application to the College of Veterinary Medicine at The University of Tennessee.

While not qualifying for the first tier of interviews, your application is still under review for the second tier of interviews.

We hope to be sending out notifications by March 31, 2021.

Kind regards,

Deborah Shepherd

Got 2 rejection emails in a row from them. Good luck to everyone with interviews!

Anyone who had IS interviews have any advice for how to prepare/things to know? My interview is coming up the 15th!

OOS just received this email:

Thank you for your application to the College of Veterinary Medicine at The University of Tennessee.

While not qualifying for the first tier of interviews, your application is still under review for the second tier of interviews.

We hope to be sending out notifications by March 31, 2021.

Kind regards,

Deborah Shepherd
I also got this email

Does anyone know if UT does tracking? Like you have to pick if you want to do SA, LA, equine or exotics.

Does anyone know if UT does tracking? Like you have to pick if you want to do SA, LA, equine or exotics.
No tracking. You do have various opportunities for electives during didactic and clinical years, but everyone takes the same core classes and rotations.
The full curriculum is available here

Does anyone know how long they take to contact you with their decision after an interview?

Anyone who had IS interviews have any advice for how to prepare/things to know? My interview is coming up the 15th!
Overall, the interviewers at UTCVM make you feel comfortable and the interview felt very conversational. Make sure to prepare for behavior type questions(how you overcame difficult situations, what you learned, etc.). Also, be prepared to speak on hot topics in veterinary medicine and your motivation to become a veterinarian. Good luck!!

Overall, the interviewers at UTCVM make you feel comfortable and the interview felt very conversational. Make sure to prepare for behavior type questions(how you overcame difficult situations, what you learned, etc.). Also, be prepared to speak on hot topics in veterinary medicine and your motivation to become a veterinarian. Good luck!!
Awesome, thanks!!

I hope to see you all in the hospitality "room" this Friday! Good luck to everyone interviewing. Relax and it'll go great.

Does anyone know if they want fall transcripts sent or do they wait until after you’re accepted? I’m OOS and just had my interview on Friday. This is the only school where I can’t find any information about sending transcripts or not.

Does anyone know if they want fall transcripts sent or do they wait until after you’re accepted? I’m OOS and just had my interview on Friday. This is the only school where I can’t find any information about sending transcripts or not.
Only if accepted and after spring semester so that students only have to pay a single time!

Only if accepted and after spring semester so that students only have to pay a single time!
Thanks! That’s what I figured, but I’ve had to send to 2 schools by February and another said that OOS didn’t have to. It made me stressed that I couldn’t find information on what to do!