Temple Univ. Post-bacc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No, they pretty much stopped answering their phone. I assume it's crunch time over there. I left a voicemail, but who knows when/if they'll actually call back.

Might as well run this by you guys... Anyone know how they handle it when a different professor from the ones you listed on your application sends in a letter? I assumed they wouldn't care as long as you notify them to expect the letter.

Members don't see this ad.

[QUOTE="zero0, post: 16413244, member: 629401"
Might as well run this by you guys... Anyone know how they handle it when a different professor from the ones you listed on your application sends in a letter? I assumed they wouldn't care as long as you notify them to expect the letter.[/QUOTE]

This actually happened to me as well. I put a different professor as my first LOR. I noticed that my second and third letters had Y's next to them as received but my first didn't, even though he was the first one to send it in. All I did was email them about it, and soon enough there was a Y next to the first. I'm assuming it's fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because I feel this type of program appeals to those applicants who are in a gray area 3-3.4 GPA and who would have trouble getting in regular cycle. People with 3.6 applying here makes me sick almost, but hey this is a free country :)
Historically this doesn't seem to be the case. I think Georgetown and Cincinnati fit that description more accurately. This program seems to appeal mostly to those who are just on the cusp of getting into medical school, and need an extra push. There are exceptions of course, but the guaranteed acceptance is going to make the process inherently competitive

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I think there was an interview last week. Anyone here go? How was it?

Also, has anyone received interview invites for the may/june/july interviews?

Also, has anyone received interview invites for the may/june/july interviews?

Nope. If you look on their website, they mentioned the deadline for BCMS has been extended to April 1, 2015. Since their class starts on May 11, I believe admissions has been occupied in filling up the spots for BCMS. ACMS won't hear back until after May 11, I believe. A previous post said, we won't hear back for an interview invite until 2 weeks before the interview. Other exceptions that heard back earlier were those with high GPA and MCAT>30. For the bulk majority in the gray area, we probably won't hear back until mid May for May/June/ July Interviews.

Nope. If you look on their website, they mentioned the deadline for BCMS has been extended to April 1, 2015. Since their class starts on May 11, I believe admissions has been occupied in filling up the spots for BCMS. ACMS won't hear back until after May 11, I believe. A previous post said, we won't hear back for an interview invite until 2 weeks before the interview. Other exceptions that heard back earlier were those with high GPA and MCAT>30. For the bulk majority in the gray area, we probably won't hear back until mid May for May/June/ July Interviews.

Thank You for that response. :)

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys, I called them and they picked up. So I got an email saying that my application was complete and is now under review, but when I checked my status online, there was no 'Y' next to letters of rec. The lady on the phone told me that that's normal, and that my app is indeed complete. She said they just make a note that the letters came from AMCAS or something

I also called about the character limit and what you should do if you went over...the person said not to worry about it, and that it's just a guideline; our essays won't be cut off or anything.

Last edited:
This actually happened to me as well. I put a different professor as my first LOR. I noticed that my second and third letters had Y's next to them as received but my first didn't, even though he was the first one to send it in. All I did was email them about it, and soon enough there was a Y next to the first. I'm assuming it's fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, turns out they don't care. Application finally complete.

Hey! I am applying to this program in the current cycle (2015). I submitted my application at the end of February and still have not heard back.... The interviews are said to be held in May, June, and July this year. Should I expect to hear this month since interviews start.... or is it possible not to hear back until later? Also, I have already tentatively accepted another post-bacc program and am concerned that if I do receive an interview I am going to get into a situation where it is to late and I have already completely committed. Anyone have any feedback? Did the program last year??

Hey! I am applying to this program in the current cycle (2015). I submitted my application at the end of February and still have not heard back.... The interviews are said to be held in May, June, and July this year. Should I expect to hear this month since interviews start.... or is it possible not to hear back until later? Also, I have already tentatively accepted another post-bacc program and am concerned that if I do receive an interview I am going to get into a situation where it is to late and I have already completely committed. Anyone have any feedback? Did the program last year??

I think you should have the mind set of being rejected from this program bc it is so competitive. That way you are not relying on an acceptance. If you do get in, you can always drop out of the other post-bacc. There may be some financial penalties like a lost deposit.

Nobody knows for certain when the next interview invite will go out. We applied at a similar time. I am expecting them to send out an invite by the end of the mouth (pure speculation). If that is the case, and if I don't get an invite for that. I am going to assume a silent rejection for myself.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, because they are guaranteeing a spot for you in their medical school

But what if I don't hear back from them by the beginning of June, and I have already completed my AMCAS and it's ready to be submitted?

Submit your AMCAS just to be on the safe side. You can always withdraw it if you obtain acceptance into the program.
But what if I don't hear back from them by the beginning of June, and I have already completed my AMCAS and it's ready to be submitted?

Any ACMS invites go out yet for May ?

From what I have read on SDN, nope. No invites sent out in May, yet. I am expecting them to send out another round of invites towards the end of May, if they continue with their current spacing.

From what I have read on SDN, nope. No invites sent out in May, yet. I am expecting them to send out another round of invites towards the end o
From what I have read on SDN, nope. No invites sent out in May, yet. I am expecting them to send out another round of invites towards the end of May, if they continue with their current spacing.
f May, if they continue with their current spacing.

Hmm okay, I feel like no ACMS interviews have gone out yet (although SDN says otherwise..) according to the program's site. I'm surprised they dont seem to have sent out interview invites for this month yet, its already Mid May and the site says they have one interview date in May.

i tried calling a couple times to ask, but no one answered the phone :(

I haven't tried calling, but I had to email twice and always got a quick turnaround if you wanna try @MirageS

Just FYI. Invites for ACMS went out on January 24 & March 19, based on posts from this forum. That's why I was thinking another round of invites would be sent out towards the end of May.

haha just posted there ! no word yet ... how long do the give the student from invite to interview ... only 10 days?

I would say give up on calling- they just don't answer. However they answered me via email almost 30 mins later. They said there are several interviews scheduled for upcoming months. So hold on tight! Good luck everyone!

thanks! would it be worth updating them and showing high interest?

Hey guys, I was actually notified of an interview invite for the acms program last week Thursday. My interview is tomorrow, just got to philly. I'll let yall know how it went down, send me some positive vibes !!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys, I was actually notified of an interview invite for the acms program last week Thursday. My interview is tomorrow, just got to philly. I'll let yall know how it went down, send me some positive vibes !!
Congratulations!!! Good luck, I'm sure you will do amazing! If you don't mind me asking, when were you complete?

Dang, yeah looks like I got silently rejected bc I applied in Feb. Not surprising considering how competitive things seems. Oh well, good luck to everyone.

Dang, yeah looks like I got silently rejected bc I applied in Feb. Not surprising considering how competitive things seems. Oh well, good luck to everyone.
I dont think they're done sending out interviews though. The website says that they interview through July so there's still hope

Ah good luck!

I dont think they're done sending out interviews though. The website says that they interview through July so there's still hope
Yeah true. But at least I know that they looked at my application. Waiting for this program has been a bit of a mental block, if that makes sense. Now I can just focus on the common application for med school.

If you haven't been rejected, my understanding is you're still up for consideration so don't lose hope. Just don't stress it. We all know how competitive it is so the safe money's on not getting in. If it happens, great, if not, there's other ways to become a doctor.

Reactions: 4 users
Let us know how everything went during your interview and what you think about Temple!!! Sending positive vibes your way!! GOOD LUCK!

Reactions: 2 users
cross post
i was complete april 30, any april or may completes get an interview email yet?

I was complete in May, haven't heard anything yet, but I'm being hopeful!! Fingers crossed we all get an invite soon, I would love to meet you all in person!!

Hi all! I'm a former post bac going to be an M1 this fall. If you've called the office to ask questions you've probably talked either with me or one of my classmates. Just wanted to post in here to address some common questions. First off, the program director is now Dr. Scott Shore. Second, if your application is complete, you could hear back at any point over the summer. Don't assume that if you applied early in the cycle you've already been passed over. Finally. if you submitted a 2015 AMCAS to Temple, we will have access to your LOR's, transcripts and MCAT scores, but will still need a resume, SAT/ACT scores, and an sGPA calculator. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 7 users
Hi all! I'm a former post bac going to be an M1 this fall. If you've called the office to ask questions you've probably talked either with me or one of my classmates. Just wanted to post in here to address some common questions. First off, the program director is now Dr. Scott Shore. Second, if your application is complete, you could hear back at any point over the summer. Don't assume that if you applied early in the cycle you've already been passed over. Finally. if you submitted a 2015 AMCAS to Temple, we will have access to your LOR's, transcripts and MCAT scores, but will still need a resume, SAT/ACT scores, and an sGPA calculator. Hope this helps!
Hi, Thank you for the update. Any idea when the admission committee will be sending decision letters for applicants interviewed in April.

Hi, Thank you for the update. Any idea when the admission committee will be sending decision letters for applicants interviewed in April.
Sorry, I don't. Just keep an eye on your email!

Thank you everyone for the good lucks and positive vibes ! :)

My app was marked complete as of April 21st. However, by no means should this discourage some of you, our group of 9 interviewees had a wide range of completion dates, so hang tight! Interview day itself was phenomenal, the staff and students went out their way to accommodate us and made us very comfortable for the interview day. Like @bruno13 mentioned, the new director is now Dr.Shore who is humorous and awesome. He has a strong vision for the program and knew details about us off the top of his head. the information he shared about the post baccs' position and role within the medical school community was very encouraging.

We had a faculty interview after breakfast, followed by a tour of the school by current MS1/2s and then a student interview in the afternoon.

All things considered, it was nerve wracking knowing we were interviewing for such a competitive program, but everyone was laid back and just wanted to know some more about us. I didn't encounter any aggressive or "difficult" questions.

Hoping to hear some good news around June 12th when the admissions committee meets. Fingers crossed ! Good luck to everyone else !! :xf::thumbup:

any other questions, just hmu.

My app was marked complete as of April 21st. However, by no means should this discourage some of you, our group of 9 interviewees had a wide range of completion dates, so hang tight! Interview day itself was phenomenal, the staff and students went out their way to accommodate us and made us very comfortable for the interview day. Like @bruno13 mentioned, the new director is now Dr.Shore who is humorous and awesome. He has a strong vision for the program and knew details about us off the top of his head. the information he shared about the post baccs' position and role within the medical school community was very encouraging.

We had a faculty interview after breakfast, followed by a tour of the school by current MS1/2s and then a student interview in the afternoon.

All things considered, it was nerve wracking knowing we were interviewing for such a competitive program, but everyone was laid back and just wanted to know some more about us. I didn't encounter any aggressive or "difficult" questions.

Hoping to hear some good news around June 12th when the admissions committee meets. Fingers crossed ! Good luck to everyone else !! :xf::thumbup:

do you mind sharing your stats? Oh and congrats!

Last edited:

Oh we were complete around the same time! Interesting to know they're digging that far into the applicant pool already, tiny bit of hope haha

Congratulations and thanks for sharing! Your stats must have been VERY high to get an interview, despite submitting "later" in the cycle. Do you think you will attend if you are given a seat?

anyone know when the committee will meet again to send out another round of invites?

can't join just yet ! waiting for that interview email! fingers crossedddd, @bruno13

I had my recommender email a LOR yesterday. My 4th LOR. He sent it in to the temple post bac email, hope it will add and make a difference to my app!

Congratulations and thanks for sharing! Your stats must have been VERY high to get an interview, despite submitting "later" in the cycle. Do you think you will attend if you are given a seat?

Thank you ! I definitely plan on attending if I get in, fingers crossed ! Ill shoot you a private message with my stats.

Thank you ! I definitely plan on attending if I get in, fingers crossed ! Ill shoot you a private message with my stats.
Congratulations on your interview!! I really hope you get in (and me too so we can join Temple next year together!) I applied late March and I'm sincerely hoping that they are going to make a second round of assessing applications for all those who applied before you. But, again, I'm sorry for making you do this again, but can you also PM me your stats?

So I had pretty much given up on Temple since I applied relatively early (complete 2/11) but I just got an interview invite for July 1! There's still hope y'all!

Reactions: 8 users