Temple - makeup of Pharm.D. classes: gender, ethnicity, socioeconomic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BTB

Managed Care Resident
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed @ Temple yesterday. A friend who interviewed mentioned during the tour that there were a lot of Asian people. I just thought, maybe it just seems that way because there are usually a lot of whites in the regional colleges & universities. I didn't have a lot of diversity in my 12 years of Catholic school or in my undergrad. But the observation piqued my curiosity about the gender, ethnic, socioeconomic breakdowns in Temple's admitted Pharm.D. student body. Does anyone have insight on this - do you find their student body to truly be diverse, to be weighted towards or against any one group, and so forth?

Members don't see this ad.

for future reference... please do not cross post
we read both forums.

BTB said:
I interviewed @ Temple yesterday. A friend who interviewed mentioned during the tour that there were a lot of Asian people. I just thought, maybe it just seems that way because there are usually a lot of whites in the regional colleges & universities. I didn't have a lot of diversity in my 12 years of Catholic school or in my undergrad. But the observation piqued my curiosity about the gender, ethnic, socioeconomic breakdowns in Temple's admitted Pharm.D. student body. Does anyone have insight on this - do you find their student body to truly be diverse, to be weighted towards or against any one group, and so forth?

I hope you get better luck at having your question asked then I did about diversity. :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm interviewing at Temple next month! Let me know about it! About diversity; I can't speak for the student body at Temple, but it is in Philiadelphia, and I know as a major eastern seaboard city, it is diverse. Being associated with the hospital, i'm sure you'll be able to interact with many different cultures if you go there.

Hi my name is Tiffany. I go to Temple University and I also have a interview next month. I was just wondering if you were in my group; my interview is on March 21st and 2pm.

no, i will be there on march 24 at 1 pm.

I am scheduled to interview at Temple on the April 5th - Anyone interviewing on the same date ?

Mapi said:
I am scheduled to interview at Temple on the April 5th - Anyone interviewing on the same date ?

Yeah, I'm going to be at Temple on April 5th at around 10 AM.