Temple Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cml2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone hear anything?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
received an interview invite on 1/25

Me too- I'm not sure if I am going to go to it- I have already been accepted to Thomas Jefferson and I think I would probably pick it over Temple-
Anybody else get into Jefferson- going or not going to the Temple interview?

Me too- I'm not sure if I am going to go to it- I have already been accepted to Thomas Jefferson and I think I would probably pick it over Temple-

I was fortunate enough to be given the opportunity to interview at both schools on the same day, which allowed me to learn about both programs without having to make another long trip all the way to the East Coast. :D I interviewed back in December and have been accepted to both schools. It was a hard decision for me to make, since both schools had really strong points and gave me the confidence that I'll be given a great education and well taken care of as a pharmacy student.

You can't go wrong either way, but at the end, I chose Temple, because of its very well established pharmacy program, being founded in 1901. I also personally favored the buildings at Temple U, despite some previous reviews- they felt more spacious and less maze-like, and they had a cool pharmacogenomics lab which offers research opportunities. They recently built a really nice new medical school and medical sciences library as well, which you all should definitely ask to see during your tour there.

All in all, the two were a close match to me. Jefferson, I felt is a newer program, and so comes with it some positives and negatives of a new program- the positives being that it's very progressive and unique and the negatives that it may be less stable and prone to some adjustments. One thing that I think Jefferson students benefit from though, is their better housing and living conditions (correct me if I'm wrong), due to the location being less run down than at Temple. I received a housing package shortly after my acceptance package from Jefferson, and it seemed to be much more thorough and accommodating for future students than Temple's.

Lastly, I loved the faculty at both schools, but I got the impression that the faculty at Temple are a generally older and more experienced group (at Jefferson, I interviewed with two younger professors) though I'm not discrediting their capability at all. Jefferson won my heart for sure; the faculty seemed very caring and eager to be of help, and the dean wrote me a personal email which I really appreciated. I was impressed by their accommodations and detailed correspondences. Temple is a little more old-school, and less glamorous, but their curriculum is well structured and established, and the people there are extremely nice and helpful. I felt stability and security that comes with the age of a program weighed in the equation for me at the end, for these two schools. But again, these are just my personal impressions and I hope they helped you somewhat in deciding whether making that trip to Temple will be worthwhile. Good luck with your decisions and I hope you get in the school of your choice. :)

Last edited:

I got into Jefferson and I am not sure if I am going to accept the interview at Temple because it is not so easy just to up and go to philly from FL.

I was fortunate enough to be given the opportunity to interview at both schools on the same day, which allowed me to learn about both programs without having to make another long trip all the way to the East Coast. :D I interviewed back in December and have been accepted to both schools. It was a hard decision for me to make, since both schools had really strong points and gave me the confidence that I'll be given a great education and well taken care of as a pharmacy student.

You can't go wrong either way, but at the end, I chose Temple, because of its very well established pharmacy program, being founded in 1901. I also personally favored the buildings at Temple U, despite some previous reviews- they felt more spacious and less maze-like, and they had a cool pharmacogenomics lab which offers research opportunities. They recently built a really nice new medical school and medical sciences library as well, which you all should definitely ask to see during your tour there.

All in all, the two were a close match to me. Jefferson, I felt is a newer program, and so comes with it some positives and negatives of a new program- the positives being that it's very progressive and unique and the negatives that it may be less stable and prone to some adjustments. One thing that I think Jefferson students benefit from though, is their better housing and living conditions (correct me if I'm wrong), due to the location being less run down than at Temple. I received a housing package shortly after my acceptance package from Jefferson, and it seemed to be much more thorough and accommodating for future students than Temple's.

Lastly, I loved the faculty at both schools, but I got the impression that the faculty at Temple are a generally older and more experienced group (at Jefferson, I interviewed with two younger professors) though I'm not discrediting their capability at all. Jefferson won my heart for sure; the faculty seemed very caring and eager to be of help, and the dean wrote me a personal email which I really appreciated. I was impressed by their accommodations and detailed correspondences. Temple is a little more old-school, and less glamorous, but their curriculum is well structured and established, and the people there are extremely nice and helpful. I felt stability and security that comes with the age of a program weighed in the equation for me at the end, for these two schools. But again, these are just my personal impressions and I hope they helped you somewhat in deciding whether making that trip to Temple will be worthwhile. Good luck with your decisions and I hope you get in the school of your choice. :)

Thank you for the input! I tried to contact Temple when I got the interview at Jefferson to see if I could go to both while I was up there but it didn't work out. But I do agree with the fact that Temple's got a more structured curriculum because it is older. My dad loved Jefferson when we visited it, but he feels Temple is a very prestigeous school. The decision is tough, so I will need some time to think about it. On that note, the invitation email for the interview said if I did not respond, they would withdraw my application. Does anyone know how long I have to accept or decline the interview offer?

Thank you for the input! I tried to contact Temple when I got the interview at Jefferson to see if I could go to both while I was up there but it didn't work out. But I do agree with the fact that Temple's got a more structured curriculum because it is older. My dad loved Jefferson when we visited it, but he feels Temple is a very prestigeous school. The decision is tough, so I will need some time to think about it. On that note, the invitation email for the interview said if I did not respond, they would withdraw my application. Does anyone know how long I have to accept or decline the interview offer?

Yeah, it's tough.. Best of luck with deciding. I don't know how long you have to reply to the interview offer, but I think if you wait too long your first choice date and time MIGHT fill up. As a last resort, you might want to consider postponing your interview to a later date- I think they do interviews until March or so. By then you may have already heard from more of your top choices. Better contact admissions, and speak to Ms. Joan- she's very nice and patient. Good luck. :)

CANT DECIDE!....i think I will interview for the experience of a professional interview..plus I live here in Philly...not really out of my way..except going to NORTH PHILLY :scared: haha.

CANT DECIDE!....i think I will interview for the experience of a professional interview..plus I live here in Philly...not really out of my way..except going to NORTH PHILLY :scared: haha.

wish i could say the same. if you're familiar with the area, could you paint a picture of what it's like there on a typical day(weather/safety/very urban/etc)?

I just called them. I think I am going to take an interview in late March. We can pick whatever day we want which is kind of neat.

wish i could say the same. if you're familiar with the area, could you paint a picture of what it's like there on a typical day(weather/safety/very urban/etc)?

HAHA...typical day in north philly....da hood of Philly! :) Gotta love it. There new med school is sweeeet (not like that has anything to do with pharmacy students, but maybe they take classes there now). Campus itself is pretty (main campus)...I have met the dean of the school of pharmacy and she's the biggest sweetheart. I think the faculty itself is worth meeting because Temple has the best around. I think it's a toss up between the Jeff and Temple. Temple is making it really hard for some good students because the Jeff interviews so early in the year and accepts you right away or not...Temple is still getting around to interviews so its hard for these students to decide whether to fly out here AGAIN and possibly not go to school there.

But...I have decided on the Jeff...but I think Temple is worth the trip if you don't know enough about their program and what they have to offer.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took an interview for Friday March 5 @ 11am. Does anyone else have this day/time?

I have an interview this week.

Hi mini, I'll be at the interview on the 22nd as well :D

how long between pharmcas sending the app and receiving an interview? Do they send it by mail?

how long between pharmcas sending the app and receiving an interview? Do they send it by mail?

I sent pharmcas in december and I got the interview offer through e-mail in January.

Sent my app in the beginning of SEPTEMBER and got the invite last Monday.

I heard that Temple asks science questions on their interviews - is that true?? Any other comments regarding the interview at temple? :cool:

thanks for the time frames guys! I appreciate it! Got an email stating they got my supp app today. Why do they insist on doing that? lol I know its to let us know things are moving along but its such a tease. . . .I give myself a heart attack with every email that hits my inbox via blackberry! lol The pharmacist at my job told me I was in "la la land" today lol. . . .I told her it will be like that till I get in somewhere! ugh

Hey guys, current Temple pharm student here... first year, second semester. I can help out if you have any questions. Between classes I saw people all dressed in black, knew that interview season has started :)

I heard that Temple asks science questions on their interviews - is that true?? Any other comments regarding the interview at temple? :cool:

In general you can assume they will not ask you science questions, but one interviewer in the past has consistently asked science questions at his interviews. You see, all the faculty get to do an interview, it's not just a select group. And one of the teachers just likes seing how people respond to a science question since most don't expect it. Last year I know he asked someone about the Krebs cycle (a general question)...

Your chances of being asked are low. And it would be ridiculous to study chem and bio for an interview. BUT, if you do get asked, make sure you don't freak out, take your time with the answer, and look/speak with confidence.

Hey guys, current Temple pharm student here... first year, second semester. I can help out if you have any questions. Between classes I saw people all dressed in black, knew that interview season has started :)

Hey, I am going up for an interview in March. Where do you suggest I stay? I was up there in December for an interview at Jefferson and we stayed at the Loew's hotel because it was walking distance. I would be open to a nice hotel closer to Temple, if you know a good one!

Also, do you live on campus or in an apartment? If I end up in philly, I would essentially want to live in an apartment, but my parents said I would have to live in a dorm the first year.

Hey, I am going up for an interview in March. Where do you suggest I stay? I was up there in December for an interview at Jefferson and we stayed at the Loew's hotel because it was walking distance. I would be open to a nice hotel closer to Temple, if you know a good one!

Also, do you live on campus or in an apartment? If I end up in philly, I would essentially want to live in an apartment, but my parents said I would have to live in a dorm the first year.

The hotel issue is a tricky one, I don't know them that well so I don't want to give you an empty recommendation.

As for where to live, I personally live at home and commute to school. Now, if you want to live in the dorms, it's a bit tricky... there are no dorms at the Temple School of Pharmacy. No living place at all. That's because TUSP is located at the "Health Science Campus" which is basically an intersection of the Dental building, the Medical building, pharmacy building, and Temple Hospital. The dorms and living places for students are located on "Main Campus" which is about 10 minutes away from the school of pharmacy by car (that's with traffic time included) and that's where a lot of students live. There is a FREE (yes, totally free) bus that goes every hour from the main campus to the school of pharmacy, so having a car down there is not necessary really. As for an apartment, plenty are up for rent, including some nice ones that come with a lot of freebies (laundry, internet, etc) but they vary in price so you would have to shop around.

So far I see no one asked about a big issue - parking :)

Diagonally from the pharmacy school, there's a massive multi-floor parking garage where a majority of the pharmacy, dental, and medical students park. There's plenty of room, but it'll cost you to park there. I'm not sure how much, but I know it's a semester-long pass you buy.

Now, all the people who tell you that you can park on the street? Stop listening. There is parking on the street, yes, but not only is it impossible to find a spot at 9am when classes start, there is also a 2 hour limit on meter parking! So not only will you be running out of the classroom every 2 hours to fill up the meter (if you have lab, which is 3 hours long without a break, good luck) but if the local parking authority notices your meter's out, you'll love the $100+ ticket they'll stick on your car.

Buses, subway, train, that's the way to go. And Temple has its own small bus system between campuses, which I use and is pretty convenient.

Sorry I keep posting replies, I just post stuff as I remember it...

Those of you applying to Temple who are from another state - be prepared to explain what you're doing in Pennsylvania and why Temple specifically. At my interview, 2 people were out-of-staters, and my interviewer went after them with questions along the lines of "why move here specifically?" "what are you looking for at Temple that you didn't find at a pharmacy school back home?" She grilled those 2, and they did not make it to my class... (now, they could have been accepted and just didn't take Temple's offer, or they were not accepted).

Either way, know why you're at Temple specifically, an interviewer might take an interest in where you are from and why.

Also, in terms of questions, be prepared for the more unusual questions. Of course they ask about why pharmacy, what do you as a parttime job, etc., but they also take an interest in hobbies and dig... for example, my interviewer asked me "What was the last book you read?" and took an interest in what it was about. You never know what they might ask, so don't just memorize answers.

hi there,

I was just curious if you can help me with this question.

I have current cumulative gpa of 3.56 and I am waiting for my Jan PCAT score which I guess I should be getting about 55 percentile

So, what do you think about my chance for getting in Temple University, PA?

Thanks in advance....:laugh:

hi there,

I was just curious if you can help me with this question.

I have current cumulative gpa of 3.56 and I am waiting for my Jan PCAT score which I guess I should be getting about 55 percentile

So, what do you think about my chance for getting in Temple University, PA?

Thanks in advance....:laugh:

Your GPA is fine. Now, for your PCATs - Temple won't consider you unless you have an above 50 percentile on the PCAT, it's pretty much an application requirement. Now, you're ok at 55, but it's a little close to that borderline... what kinds of grades did you have in chem, bio, anatomy, microbio, those types of courses in undergrad?

Also, which sections on the PCAT brought your score down? If it's reading and english, don't worry about it, but if you bombed the sciences... :xf:

Make sure you make a powerful impression at the interview.

Your GPA is fine. Now, for your PCATs - Temple won't consider you unless you have an above 50 percentile on the PCAT, it's pretty much an application requirement. Now, you're ok at 55, but it's a little close to that borderline... what kinds of grades did you have in chem, bio, anatomy, microbio, those types of courses in undergrad?

Also, which sections on the PCAT brought your score down? If it's reading and english, don't worry about it, but if you bombed the sciences... :xf:

Make sure you make a powerful impression at the interview.

hi there,

Thanks for your reply.. I really appreciate that..

First of all, I am an ESL student. I did not do well in verbal and reading sections on my january PCAT. I don't expect to get high score in those sections.

But, In chemistry section I am hoping to get 80 and in biology section I am hoping to get 60.( since I did not take A&P 2 and microbiology yet)

Also, in math section, I should be getting at least 95 percentile:love:

About the grades, I have pharmcas gpa math and science courses 3.75:love: and non-science courses 3.3

Once again, thanks for your help.....

Thanks for the info rhinorx! I just got my interview invite today and I'm pretty nervous. This may be my first interview depending on when I schedule it. You said that the 2 "out of staters" who didn't get in got drilled. . . .I'm from out of state and I feel prepared but you never know. Was that portion of the interview in a group or did they just share that info with you?

Last edited:
hi there,

Thanks for your reply.. I really appreciate that..

First of all, I am an ESL student. I did not do well in verbal and reading sections on my january PCAT. I don't expect to get high score in those sections.

But, In chemistry section I am hoping to get 80 and in biology section I am hoping to get 60.( since I did not take A&P 2 and microbiology yet)

Also, in math section, I should be getting at least 95 percentile:love:

About the grades, I have pharmcas gpa math and science courses 3.75:love: and non-science courses 3.3

Once again, thanks for your help.....

Don't worry then about your PCAT scores, your science scores are good. It's better to get an 80 in science and 50 overall than get 80 overall and 50 in science, you know?

From the way you type, I don't see you having many grammatical errors. It might be harder to speak for you, especially at an interview, but just take your time and make sure they understand you. Take your time, you're not under a time limit or anything. There were people at my interview who were foreign, and we all had a hard time understanding them because they talked too fast and tried to say too much, without concentrating on what the important stuff was and slowly and confidently articulating it.

At the interview, what matters is TIME and CONFIDENCE.

Don't worry then about your PCAT scores, your science scores are good. It's better to get an 80 in science and 50 overall than get 80 overall and 50 in science, you know?

From the way you type, I don't see you having many grammatical errors. It might be harder to speak for you, especially at an interview, but just take your time and make sure they understand you. Take your time, you're not under a time limit or anything. There were people at my interview who were foreign, and we all had a hard time understanding them because they talked too fast and tried to say too much, without concentrating on what the important stuff was and slowly and confidently articulating it.

At the interview, what matters is TIME and CONFIDENCE.

Oh well, I got an A Grade in speech fundamental class in my first year of county college:laugh:

Thanks for the info rhinorx! I just got my interview invite today and I'm pretty nervous. This may be my first interview depending on when I schedule it. You said that the 2 "out of staters" didn't got drilled. . . .I'm from out of state and I feel prepared but you never know. Was that portion of the interview in a group or did they just share that info with you?

The whole interview is a group interview, there is no time alone with the interviewer. So when those 2 got grilled, the rest of us just sat and watched. And those of us who were in-state just looked at the out-of-staters and knew we were watching bloodshed lol But the reason they got grilled and the reason why that whole thing was intimidating to watch is because NEITHER of them could explain what they're doing in PA, which made it more frustrating for the interviewer. You won't have a problem if you can give a straight and confident answer on "Why are you here?".

Group interviews will have anywhere between 4 and 6 candidates, and the interviewer will take you to a quiet room of their choice. And they can either go around the room and ask individual questions directed at you, or they can pose questions to the whole group and pretty much sit back and wait to see who stands out, who appears confident, more social, who likes interacting, or who sits back and looks terrified. All depends on the interviewer.

The questions vary dramatically from one interviewer to another... Here are some from last year: "What was your most proud moment?" "what was the last book you read?" "If you were a drug, what would it be?" "What do you think about the recent (insert current news issue here)?" "What do you like to in your free time?" "Why pharmacy, and not Med?"

Another note for those of you who have degrees already...

Be prepared to defend them. Having a degree in any field (especially a science field) can be both a benefit on your application and the greatest threat to you. Why? Because interviewers will grill you on why you veered off to pharmacy instead of just getting a Masters or PhD in your particular field. I've personally sat through an interview where a candidate with a degree in bio was grilled as to "Why switch now to anything else?" instead of getting a PhD in bio, since they were so close.

They're not trying to be mean or undermine your chances - they want to see how you think and why you're doing what you're doing.

wow thank you rhinorx. . . .I appreciate the tips! You are proving to be most helpful! Some of the questions I was not prepared for! You're actually easing some of my fears! I'm surprised there would be so many interviewed on the same day when they let you chose your own date.

cml2010- I do agree that the dean, officially the asst dean of admissions, is the biggest sweetheart!! She seemed to know her students by name and would give you the warmest smile and greeting when she sees you down the hall. :love: She teaches a course in health diversity, I believe, and takes a lot of pride in Temple's cultural diversity.

Moni- I'm glad you got the interview date set to go!

RhinoRX- Thanks so much for your generous offer to help us! I'm soo happy to see a Temple student active on these forums. :D I do have a couple questions myself. How has your experience as a pharmacy student at Temple been? What do you like best about the program there? Is there anything you feel could be improved upon, or that you may like least about the school or program? I have been able to ask a couple Temple students about their experiences (both have been positive), but would be interested in hearing more perspectives if possible. Thanks!! :)

Also, I would greatly appreciate any tips on choosing where to live, as well, from any current or past students. I spoke to the housing office the other day, and was told that they were making some changes to the housing plans, hence the applications were not yet available. Anyhow, it seems that there are two grad apartments available- Triangle and Podiatric Student Residence Complex- I was wondering if anyone could make recommendations? How has your experience been living there- ie. is it pretty safe, clean, quiet? I don't plan on bringing my car to Philly, considering traffic and driving would be too scary for me. Would it be convenient to commute from the apartments to supermarkets and stores via the bus or subway?

Any tips on housing/living would be appreciated. Thanks so much.:)

cml2010- I do agree that the dean, officially the asst dean of admissions, is the biggest sweetheart!! She seemed to know her students by name and would give you the warmest smile and greeting when she sees you down the hall. :love: She teaches a course in health diversity, I believe, and takes a lot of pride in Temple's cultural diversity.

Moni- I'm glad you got the interview date set to go!

RhinoRX- Thanks so much for your generous offer to help us! I'm soo happy to see a Temple student active on these forums. :D I do have a couple questions myself. How has your experience as a pharmacy student at Temple been? What do you like best about the program there? Is there anything you feel could be improved upon, or that you may like least about the school or program? I have been able to ask a couple Temple students about their experiences (both have been positive), but would be interested in hearing more perspectives if possible. Thanks!! :)

No problem guys :D I was in your place exactly a year ago, and I remember what it was like. I had a few people helping me along the way in preparing for interviews and doing all the pharmcas stuff, so I feel like now it's my turn to help out.

As for my experience at Temple - AWESOME. I had to choose between Temple, USP, MCPHS, Rutgers, and Northeastern, and I went with Temple. And I don't regret it at all, I'm glad I went with Temple. The curriculum is awesome, the teachers are great, each one of them is unique, has a unique specialty, and are all very friendly and approachable. Some may be more difficult than others, but at the end they are all useful. The thing I like about Temple is that the classes and instructors help mold you into a decision-maker, an educated individual, and someone who is prepared for the careers of pharmacy when you graduate - not just walk out after graduation thinking "Now what?". The classes are not intimidating like those of other schools - no one tries to fail you, no one is trying to play "Survival of the Fittest" or anything. The reason why Temple only selects 157 students is because they want to get the lean, ready group in the beginning - not accept 250 like USP and watch a hundred fail out, and only the strongest (but barely breathing) individuals move on. It's a different atmosphere.

Would I change anything about Temple? No. Haven't had any major issues that I would change. Any problems that the class may have with a teacher get hashed out by your class president and VP (you choose them a few weeks into classes) - they take emails from you guys, then take those issue to the teachers. And it works, we had quite a few grade adjustments, test changes, and small issues here and there hashed out because of student concerns.

What do I like least about the program? lol it's too easy to get too comfortable and think you're on top of the world. No matter what you may have heard, pharmacy school is not easy. You really have to stay on top of the material and not fall behind. A fellow student from last semester always talked about how pharmacy school was "cake" - well, that person is no longer with us due to grades.

Also, I would greatly appreciate any tips on choosing where to live, as well, from any current or past students. I spoke to the housing office the other day, and was told that they were making some changes to the housing plans, hence the applications were not yet available. Anyhow, it seems that there are two grad apartments available- Triangle and Podiatric Student Residence Complex- I was wondering if anyone could make recommendations? How has your experience been living there- ie. is it pretty safe, clean, quiet? I don't plan on bringing my car to Philly, considering traffic and driving would be too scary for me. Would it be convenient to commute from the apartments to supermarkets and stores via the bus or subway?

Any tips on housing/living would be appreciated. Thanks so much.:)

Unfortunately, this is out of my area lol I don't know much about housing or apartments, as I live at home. I drive for about 10 minutes and then use Temple's bus system to get to the pharmacy school, so my idea of "home" and method of transportation are drastically different than many students. Always look at all your options though. Buses, trains, subways, keep them all in mind.

No problem guys :D I was in your place exactly a year ago, and I remember what it was like. I had a few people helping me along the way in preparing for interviews and doing all the pharmcas stuff, so I feel like now it's my turn to help out.

As for my experience at Temple - AWESOME. I had to choose between Temple, USP, MCPHS, Rutgers, and Northeastern, and I went with Temple. And I don't regret it at all, I'm glad I went with Temple. The curriculum is awesome, the teachers are great, each one of them is unique, has a unique specialty, and are all very friendly and approachable. Some may be more difficult than others, but at the end they are all useful. The thing I like about Temple is that the classes and instructors help mold you into a decision-maker, an educated individual, and someone who is prepared for the careers of pharmacy when you graduate - not just walk out after graduation thinking "Now what?". The classes are not intimidating like those of other schools - no one tries to fail you, no one is trying to play "Survival of the Fittest" or anything. The reason why Temple only selects 157 students is because they want to get the lean, ready group in the beginning - not accept 250 like USP and watch a hundred fail out, and only the strongest (but barely breathing) individuals move on. It's a different atmosphere.

Would I change anything about Temple? No. Haven't had any major issues that I would change. Any problems that the class may have with a teacher get hashed out by your class president and VP (you choose them a few weeks into classes) - they take emails from you guys, then take those issue to the teachers. And it works, we had quite a few grade adjustments, test changes, and small issues here and there hashed out because of student concerns.

What do I like least about the program? lol it's too easy to get too comfortable and think you're on top of the world. No matter what you may have heard, pharmacy school is not easy. You really have to stay on top of the material and not fall behind. A fellow student from last semester always talked about how pharmacy school was "cake" - well, that person is no longer with us due to grades.

Really great and interesting response. :thumbup: ;) Any tips on how to do well/study in pharmacy school? What do you suggest us to do the few months before pharmacy school? Do you think getting a head start in the classes would be helpful/necessary? Also, do you think many students are able to obtain a residency upon graduation? Sorry, for having so many questions, but I just can't help thinking about all this. :p Thanks so much again. :)

Last edited:
Really great and interesting response. :thumbup: ;) Any tips on how to do well/study in pharmacy school? What do you suggest us to do the few months before pharmacy school? Do you think getting a head start in the classes would be helpful/necessary? Also, do you think many students are able to obtain a residency upon graduation? Sorry, for having so many questions, but I just can't help thinking about all this. :p Thanks so much again. :)

Getting a head start on studying? Totally unnecessary. My advice for the summer is REST. And REST WELL. Take time off (I know we all have to work, but just make sure you rest and prepare mentally) and have fun. Starting at Temple Pharm is nothing like undergrad work, even though it might feel the same in the beginning. And the instructors explain everything so well that you really don't need to get that headstart, they will explain everything in a more concise and clear manner once classes start, don't waste your time.

Residency? It's an option. But a little too soon to think about it now... one of the things many instructors tell you is "If you told me when I was in pharmacy school that I would be doing this I would have said you're out of your mind." You may have a plan, but that plan will easily change once you get into school and do some shadowing and intern experience hours (part of the curriculum).

Tips on doing well? lol theoretically, it's all about studying a little every night and keeping up with the material. BUT, that rarely happens... we all know it, it's hard to resist the temptation of TV, friends, facebook, and hanging out, especially when you have those weeks where you're drowning in new material.

Personally, dedicating 1 day over the weekend to review the week's materials has worked pretty well. Keeps you on track, but allows you to kind of relax after the school day is over during the week.

wow. . . .just when i think you can't add anything else! lol You Temple was my second choice but its soundling like my first. . . I can't wait for my interview now!

One other question . . . I know its darn near impossible for you to know this but maybe you might. Am I fighting hundreds of potential other interviewers or do they really narrow thier selection for interviews. I guess what I'm asking is. . .I'm a pretty extrovertive person and I find interviews are my meal ticket in because I find them to be a good assest towards my chances. . . So is it safe to say if I successfully "woo" them are my odds of getting accepted good from what you've seen in your class? I know this question is so obtuse because they wouldn't just hand out interviews if they weren't serious. .. .I guess I'm just back to being nervous! lol ugh

Hey Moni,

When I interviewed for Temple, I stayed at a place called Conwell Inn. It is located on Temple's Main campus. The pharmacy school is about a mile north which is easily accessible via public transportation.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
Good luck!!

wow. . . .just when i think you can't add anything else! lol You Temple was my second choice but its soundling like my first. . . I can't wait for my interview now!

One other question . . . I know its darn near impossible for you to know this but maybe you might. Am I fighting hundreds of potential other interviewers or do they really narrow thier selection for interviews. I guess what I'm asking is. . .I'm a pretty extrovertive person and I find interviews are my meal ticket in because I find them to be a good assest towards my chances. . . So is it safe to say if I successfully "woo" them are my odds of getting accepted good from what you've seen in your class? I know this question is so obtuse because they wouldn't just hand out interviews if they weren't serious. .. .I guess I'm just back to being nervous! lol ugh

Here are some statistics for you guys (they might be a bit off but you'll get the idea). Last year about 1500 applications were sent to the pharmacy school. About 300 people were called to interview, and out of those about half were accepted. So if you have an interview offer, you're almost at the end of the process, you're very close to having a seat. You just have to make a good impression, be confident, and know what you're talking about without having to memorize answers.

So if you have those skills, and are a naturally open and talkative person, this is your chance to seal the deal. Just remember you're not done yet. It only takes 1 unexpected quetion to throw you off, so stay cool and celebrate once you get your "meal ticket" in the mail in the form of a letter congratulating you on your acceptance :D

Guys, dress code tip: Avoid the white dress shirt.

Everyone looks like they are going to a funeral, and it's a shame when all the guys in an interview group look exactly the same, all in a white shirt, black suit, and black tie to go with it. When you wear an unusual dress shirt color, that's one factor that will help an interviewer remember you (can't argue that you won't stand out). And by "unusual" I don't mean ugly or crazy.

Get a dress shirt that is stylish - try green, blue, red, orange, whatever. Just a thought.

And make sure you have dress socks lol not sporty socks that come up just a little and reveal your ankles as you sit down.

So if you have those skills, and are a naturally open and talkative person, this is your chance to seal the deal. Just remember you're not done yet. It only takes 1 unexpected quetion to throw you off, so stay cool and celebrate once you get your "meal ticket" in the mail in the form of a letter congratulating you on your acceptance :D

Ah touche rhinorx! I'll keep you posted!