Temple DPM/MBA admission requirements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jt5prime23

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how you get into the DPM/MBA program at Temple? Their website explains the 5-year program but doesn't mention the admissions process. I assume you can apply for the MBA after you have started the Podiatry degree, but do you have to take the GMAT or have some minimum DPM GPA?

If any Temple students or alums could comment on the dual degrees at Temple, that would be great!

Members don't see this ad.

jt5prime23 said:
Does anyone know how you get into the DPM/MBA program at Temple? Their website explains the 5-year program but doesn't mention the admissions process. I assume you can apply for the MBA after you have started the Podiatry degree, but do you have to take the GMAT or have some minimum DPM GPA?

If any Temple students or alums could comment on the dual degrees at Temple, that would be great!

It is great that there are some students interested in some of the dual degree options that Temple University offer to the Podiatry students. By the way, TUSPM is the only Podiatry school that is offers a dual degree DPM/MBA degree with a business school that is AASCB accredited, which is shared by the top business schools in the US. Of course, there are other Podiatry schools that offer DPM/MBA option as well.

When I was a student at TUSPM, we were told that the DPM/MBA is modeled after the DMD/MBA (Dental School). You can read some more information about the DMD/MBA option at: http://www.temple.edu/dentistry/admissions/dmd_mba.htm
On that site, it tells you the admission requirement for the dual degree. I would also recommend you talking to the TUSPM admission office about this. If they do not offer a satisfactory explanation, you can definitely contact Temple University Fox School of Business admission office for futher information.

You will probably need to apply to both TUSPM and the Temple Fox Business School using separate applications.

I hope that this help.

dpmgrad said:
It is great that there are some students interested in some of the dual degree options that Temple University offer to the Podiatry students. By the way, TUSPM is the only Podiatry school that is offers a dual degree DPM/MBA degree with a business school that is AASCB accredited, which is shared by the top business schools in the US. Of course, there are other Podiatry schools that offer DPM/MBA option as well.

When I was a student at TUSPM, we were told that the DPM/MBA is modeled after the DMD/MBA (Dental School). You can read some more information about the DMD/MBA option at: http://www.temple.edu/dentistry/admissions/dmd_mba.htm
On that site, it tells you the admission requirement for the dual degree. I would also recommend you talking to the TUSPM admission office about this. If they do not offer a satisfactory explanation, you can definitely contact Temple University Fox School of Business admission office for futher information.

You will probably need to apply to both TUSPM and the Temple Fox Business School using separate applications.

I hope that this help.

Wrong!!!

Barry also offers the DPM/MBA and their Andreas School of Business is AACSB accredited, along with about 1/3 of the business schools in the US. You can find information here. Check the facts before you use the word "only".

scpod said:
Wrong!!!

Barry also offers the DPM/MBA and their Andreas School of Business is AACSB accredited, along with about 1/3 of the business schools in the US. You can find information here. Check the facts before you use the word "only".

Thank you for your correction. You are correct that Andreas School of Business is AACSB accredited. I just confirmed it on the latest AACSB accredited school listing. When I was a student at TUSPM about 3 years ago, Barry University Andreas School of Business was not AACSB accredited at that time and that was the selling point of TUSPM DPM/MBA program. In the future, I will double check my info before posting. You can get a list of the AACSB accredited schools at: http://www.aacsb.edu/accreditation/accreditedmembers.asp