Temple CST Post Bacc Program 2020 - 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

owldoc18

Reaction score
I am starting my application today for the Temple CST Post Bacc Program. Any information, suggestions, or application/interview tips would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Are you applying for BCHS or ACHS? The interview was pretty standard and not super formal. They just want you to talk about your background/experiences and academics strengths.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview in early April -- submitted 2/21, interview invite 6hrs later.

Accepted BCHS several weeks ago. Still deciding.

What others have said... pretty easy going interview. IMO it didn’t really feel like an interview, but more of an info session/tour.

Received an invite the day after applying. Notified of acceptance two days after interviewing, but decided elsewhere. Kudos to them for quick communication.

The fact that it was so quick is actually what is giving me some reservation about moving forward with this program. I applied around noon one day and had an II by 5 PM - did anybody actually even read my file? Received the acceptance the same evening as the interview. I have to wonder if they're accepting everybody who applies/interviews until their class is full of commits, and what that will actually amount to in terms of post-program outcomes.

The fact that it was so quick is actually what is giving me some reservation about moving forward with this program. I applied around noon one day and had an II by 5 PM - did anybody actually even read my file? Received the acceptance the same evening as the interview. I have to wonder if they're accepting everybody who applies/interviews until their class is full of commits, and what that will actually amount to in terms of post-program outcomes.

Hi, there. As Admissions Director for the program I wanted to take a moment to address your questions.

Yes. I want to assure you that I do read every file that comes through PostBacCAS for the Temple University CST Post Bacc Program. Each personal statement is read and each letter of recommendation that we have received is read. We actually take pride in the fact that we respond promptly to our applicants and students. It is my job to sit by my computer all day long and screen applicants for invitation to interview with our program and I try to review them as quickly as possible. This is especially important for career changers who might need to relocate and make big life changes.

No, we don't accept everyone that applies. If we see an applicant we want to interview then we invite them, and we only invite people to interview who we think has the potential to succeed. Last year we received about 1200 applications and interviewed over 250 people for the roughly 90 total spots (30 BCHS/60 ACHS). We are tracking toward similar numbers this year.

Hope that helps clear things up and remember, if you have any specific questions about our program or our process feel free to shoot me an email or give me a call.

Reactions: 7 users
Thanks for responding to these questions -- it means a lot to have clear, direct answers. The whole application process in general can really shake one's confidence (as I'm sure you know!), and this kind of transparency and the care about our futures means the world. Thank you, and I'm looking forward to seeing the campus in April.

Thanks for responding to these questions -- it means a lot to have clear, direct answers. The whole application process in general can really shake one's confidence (as I'm sure you know!), and this kind of transparency and the care about our futures means the world. Thank you, and I'm looking forward to seeing the campus in April.

Happy to help and we look forward to having you on campus.

I just found out that the campus cancelled all in person classes and is sending every student home. They’re gonna have online classes for the rest of the semester.

but all interviews are resuming as scheduled on campus. Kinda glad and also kinda nervous at the same time.

Should I be concerned if I haven't heard back 2 days after applying? I keep hearing that people are getting interview offers within a few hours after applying.

Should I be concerned if I haven't heard back 2 days after applying? I keep hearing that people are getting interview offers within a few hours after applying.

I wouldn't be too concerned, given the current world climate. Temple's campus is essentially shut down, and I'm sure that those involved with the program are working as best as they can remotely, but I could certainly see how the process could be delayed.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What others have said... pretty easy going interview. IMO it didn’t really feel like an interview, but more of an info session/tour.

Received an invite the day after applying. Notified of acceptance two days after interviewing, but decided elsewhere. Kudos to them for quick communication.
Was there a portal to see updates on your application?

Does anyone know how I can check my status of my application to the ACHS postbac track?

Was there a portal to check the status of your application or did you just get an email?

For current students, what does a typical day look like? How long/how many breaks, how many classes per day?

Are you applying for BCHS or ACHS? The interview was pretty standard and not super formal. They just want you to talk about your background/experiences and academics strengths.
Hello, I have a question so for the background/experiences do they want to ask me to talk about myself and the experiences that make me want to pursue a certain healthcare career or how my background/experiences will be a good fit for the program?

I recently received my acceptance! Very sweet staff and the interview was super chill. They did a good job of calming our nerves in the beginning and cracking a lot of jokes to make the whole day lighthearted. I'm 95% sure I'll be attending this fall :)

I have an interview next Thursday 5/21! Excited but also a bit nervous!

So I believe the ACHS program has linkages with PCOM, SUNY, and Temple University Lewis Katz SOM.

Does anyone know any people that have actually linked with SUNY Downstate through ACHS? I've talked to students who have linked with PCOM but have not been able to get any information on how often ACHS students link with the other programs (Temple and SUNY)

I have an interview next Thursday 5/21! Excited but also a bit nervous!

Heyy congrats!! What are the kind of questions they ask during the interview? Was it all one to one interviews?

I recently received my acceptance! Very sweet staff and the interview was super chill. They did a good job of calming our nerves in the beginning and cracking a lot of jokes to make the whole day lighthearted. I'm 95% sure I'll be attending this fall :)

Hey what type of questions did they ask? Is it mostly behavioral? Was it mostly one to one interview?

Hey what type of questions did they ask? Is it mostly behavioral? Was it mostly one to one interview?
My first interview was with the dean, it was a group interview and she asked why medicine. The second interview was with another staff member one on one. She basically went through my resume/actives and asked me to elaborate on them and what I gained from doing them. Very nice people, didn’t feel like there was a lot of pressure. Seems like a good program especially for being so young.

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know any people that have actually linked with SUNY Downstate through ACHS? I've talked to students who have linked with PCOM but have not been able to get any information on how often ACHS students link with the other programs (Temple and SUNY)

Yes, we had two students link with SUNY Downstate last year. More hoping to link this year.

Just clarifying (since I've seen mixed reviews)- the linkages are without a glide year, correct?

Does anyone know the acceptance rate into medical school after completing this program (both DO and MD) if you don't do linkage?

what is required GPA and MCAT for linkage with PCOM?

Hello everyone! I applied for ACHS on 11/21/20. Still haven't heard anything, is anyone in the same boat?

what is required GPA and MCAT for linkage with PCOM?
Undergrad cGPA/sGPA strongly recommended min 3.0
Complete program in 1 year with overall 3.25.
MCAT test by 5/31/21, min overall 504, no section below 126.

This changes year-by-year, so don't take this for gospel for next year.

Hi all- are there any current/student who have finished the program who can give insight on how many students successfully link without the "glide year" to PCOM? I have the MCAT scores, and PCOM is my dream school. Also what's the process of linkage like?

Hi all- are there any current/student who have finished the program who can give insight on how many students successfully link without the "glide year" to PCOM? I have the MCAT scores, and PCOM is my dream school. Also what's the process of linkage like?
PCOM has a biomed program with a linkage! I would suggest that if you’re set on PCOM!

If you have a 2.9 undergrad GPA and were granted admittance to this program, how likely do you all think it is to have a linkage? Of course, assuming I get a 3.8 GPA in the program.
I have been accepted into an SMP also and I am curious if that's a better choice.

Hey everyone, I'll be part of the ACHS incoming class (2022)! I was wonder what people typically wear to class on a day-to-day basis. I know that these are technically undergraduate level classes, but they are taught by the medical school staff. I'm just trying to make a good impression. Any advice is appreciated!

Hi, there. As Admissions Director for the program I wanted to take a moment to address your questions.

Yes. I want to assure you that I do read every file that comes through PostBacCAS for the Temple University CST Post Bacc Program. Each personal statement is read and each letter of recommendation that we have received is read. We actually take pride in the fact that we respond promptly to our applicants and students. It is my job to sit by my computer all day long and screen applicants for invitation to interview with our program and I try to review them as quickly as possible. This is especially important for career changers who might need to relocate and make big life changes.

No, we don't accept everyone that applies. If we see an applicant we want to interview then we invite them, and we only invite people to interview who we think has the potential to succeed. Last year we received about 1200 applications and interviewed over 250 people for the roughly 90 total spots (30 BCHS/60 ACHS). We are tracking toward similar numbers this year.

Hope that helps clear things up and remember, if you have any specific questions about our program or our process feel free to shoot me an email or give me a call.
what are the 2021-2022 application and enrollment numbers and also what are the linkage (application:interview: acceptance)?from last year?

Hi! Is any of the current students able to clarify the requirements for linkage this year?