Temple Advanced Standing program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
;)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think people who are talking negative about Temple Dental school are frustrated that they didn't get accepted ...Lets just say someone did get accepted, why did they apply & come down for the interview knowing the location is not great.Please don't give an excuse by saying you found out when you got there how bad the area was, It only shows what type of student you are by not researching the school in detail & also answers your question why you didn't get an acceptance letter. Maybe location of school is in a bad area but no one is forcing you to live in that area. Just 15 minutes away there are beautiful areas in the city center. School is taught indoors in a safe environment & after school i don't think anyone will be taking a nightly stroll to go sightseeing in that area Lol.. So being careful and walking with a group avoids the danger. Temple is a great school well known for its clinical training plus it makes its students the most distinguished dentists.I definitely would be proud to be a Temple student.If you want to be a dentist go to any school but if you want to be the best go to Temple. Facing any obstacle & striving forward to achieve the ultimate is the key to success.Best wishes to everyone who got accepted and don't be scared,:cool::cool: fear is your worst enemy.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I think you misunderstood what I was getting at. I don't think it's a reason NOT TO GO TO TEMPLE. I was just agreeing with the statement in a previous post. I know Temple is a good school, like I mentioned before. But let's agree that it is located in a sketchy area. That's all this conversation was about, wasn't it? Lol. I'm now utterly confused.

I can't speak for New Jersey, but you're right it's as ghetto as this place.

Either way, congratulations everyone. Good luck at school. :D

I think you misunderstood what I was getting at. I don't think it's a reason NOT TO GO TO TEMPLE. I was just agreeing with the statement in a previous post. I know Temple is a good school, like I mentioned before. But let's agree that it is located in a sketchy area. That's all this conversation was about, wasn't it? Lol. I'm now utterly confused.

I can't speak for New Jersey, but you're right it's as ghetto as this place.

Either way, congratulations everyone. Good luck at school. :D

:thumbup:

I think many public dental schools in US are located in such low income areas. for eg: UCLA, USC, UIC etc. Majority of these people living around the school go to the school for their treatment. And you will never have scarcity of patients if you attend these schools. On the other hand I am not sure if that is the case with a school located in an upscale area. Just my thoughts..

People, why not create a group for those accepted at temple this year ? Will help us know each other better !

Hi everyone and Congratulations to those who received acceptance letters from Temple Uni..
So proud of all of you..
I interviewed at Temple too. This was my 2nd iv. I was waitlisted after my first iv also and never hered back. Every iv the admissions committee were so nice to me and made me feel I was so deserving. Basically got my false hopes so high up there that I was already dreaming.
And being waitlisted is kind of crapy. Its like being hanging in the air by a rope of hope that keeps vanishng with time.
But anyways coming to the point the way I see it I am guessing Temple has sent more than 6 acceptances. 4 from 12th iv batch, 2-3 from 10th iv batch and Iam not sure but I guess 1 from 14th iv batch. I could be wrong.
So that comes to around 8 acceptances sent. Not sure abt any of these figures Iam just trying to guess. Because everytime I stay hopefull and pray nothing really changes. Iam done with the motivational lines that everyone gives. I just want to figure out if they are still condering the remaining ppl who interviewd. And if not its high time I need to buckle up and move on in some direction which I dont know yet.
And the the admissions office resumes work by 7th jan I suppose as I got a reply to an email I sent of: out of office email till 7th jan.

To all those who are accepted,

Do we have to pay out of pocket for the initial 5,000 deposit? Please let me know asap.

Thanks guys!

Thank God You specified that you were from 14th batch, your last comment regarding questioning the faculty made my batch interviewees think you wrote for me!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

And ya i did ask genuine questions and repeated none.:laugh::laugh:

Hahahaha no that comment wasn't directed towards you, but I'm pretty sure u know since you were from my batch =) Congrats and see u soon :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone and Congratulations to those who received acceptance letters from Temple Uni..
So proud of all of you..
I interviewed at Temple too. This was my 2nd iv. I was waitlisted after my first iv also and never hered back. Every iv the admissions committee were so nice to me and made me feel I was so deserving. Basically got my false hopes so high up there that I was already dreaming.
And being waitlisted is kind of crapy. Its like being hanging in the air by a rope of hope that keeps vanishng with time.
But anyways coming to the point the way I see it I am guessing Temple has sent more than 6 acceptances. 4 from 12th iv batch, 2-3 from 10th iv batch and Iam not sure but I guess 1 from 14th iv batch. I could be wrong.
So that comes to around 8 acceptances sent. Not sure abt any of these figures Iam just trying to guess. Because everytime I stay hopefull and pray nothing really changes. Iam done with the motivational lines that everyone gives. I just want to figure out if they are still condering the remaining ppl who interviewd. And if not its high time I need to buckle up and move on in some direction which I dont know yet.
And the the admissions office resumes work by 7th jan I suppose as I got a reply to an email I sent of: out of office email till 7th jan.

Hi,
I totally understand what yu are going through right now. I know couple of students who went through the exact same thing. Im not sure where yu are standing at the moment, but i would like to talk about them. They considered options like taking Part 2, doing a Masters degree, working as a dental assistant, researcher, volunteer,faculty. Trust me im not joking, one of my Senior took her part 2 exam ,worked part-time, did volunteer work in weekends too. This year she got into the California school. Getting an interview is a MAJOR step towards Dental school trust me. Dont let anything affect your AIM in life. When something doesnt happen the way we plan, yu need to sit back, assess, plan further/differently & move forward but not loose hopes. Come on cheer up. I dont know who yu are but I can assure yu that things can only get better. I know how it feels but i will pray to god that yu & couple of others get an acceptance letter this 1st week of Jan :)

To all those who are accepted,

Do we have to pay out of pocket for the initial 5,000 deposit? Please let me know asap.

Thanks guys!

Hi i need to know too. Can someone please let us know ?

Sorry I AM from the 12th batch!!! :oops: Did u get accepted?

Nope. Im from the 14th batch and no on e from my batch has gotten accepted from what I know. None of us have received an email. So not sure what that means. I'm hoping they didn't get a chance to review the applicants in the last batch :/

I think many public dental schools in US are located in such low income areas. for eg: UCLA, USC, UIC etc. Majority of these people living around the school go to the school for their treatment. And you will never have scarcity of patients if you attend these schools. On the other hand I am not sure if that is the case with a school located in an upscale area. Just my thoughts..

:thumbup: I agree with yu 100%, I got into another School in an upscale area but when i spoke to students there, they revealed the scarcity of patients & worried about non-exposure to many important conditions. If you decide to be the Best in your Dental Field yu NEED the best Clinical exposure Temple offers:D. Just brushing up, Temple Dental school is the 2nd busiest dental clinic/hospital in the NATION

:thumbup:

:thumbup: I agree with yu 100%, I got into another School in an upscale area but when i spoke to students there, they revealed the scarcity of patients & worried about non-exposure to many important conditions. If i decide to be the Best in my Dental Field I NEED the best Clinical exposure Temple offers:D

:thumbup: I agree with yu 100%, I got into another School in an upscale area but when i spoke to students there, they revealed the scarcity of patients & worried about non-exposure to many important conditions. If you decide to be the Best in your Dental Field yu NEED the best Clinical exposure Temple offers:D. Just brushing up, Temple Dental school is the 2nd busiest dental clinic/hospital in the NATION

drpia3 : what's the other school you got into? I got into UCLA but I'm trying to find somewhere along the east coast to stay close to home. I'm waitlisted at Buffalo, and since it's two years and they have insane amounts of patients, I hope to attend there.

Grossly Decayed! ( Ugghh!!! you are so beautiful why such ID? :laugh:) (Pri,Right?)
I have been in your situation too. Contact me on FB. I am the one who asked many questions...:laugh:;)

Hi DrTeeth32. Im not sure if yu got the name right,i am Pri. I have got accepted to Temple & all set to start my wonderful Journey. infact i confused Grossly D to be a person i met on my interview day but when i called her, she said it isn't her.

Merry Christmas and happy new year everyone :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using SDN Mobile

do you all know how many are accepted till now? is it more than 6?

Just out of curiosity, does anybody know how many candidates were interviewed for the ASP at temple university??

Around a total of 40ish candidates over three dates.
And whosoever is spreading rumors about how many spots remain, kindly STOP!
Believe me I KNOW!!
Anyways, addressing all of your concerns regarding the safety around the school, I agree the area is not nice but you are in a safe environment inside the school as well as immediately around the school , thanks to Temple police, Philadelphia PD, Undercover cops. But yes of course if someone is stupid enough to wander off far away into sketchy areas then things might be a little risky. Since you guys will live in a good area (safe) and either drive (safe) or take the train to the school(Train station entrance is right ON the Dental school block!!), so there shouldnt be a problem.
Also, believe me when I say you will not get a clinical exposure as great as Temple Dental anywhere (thanks to the location)!!
The choice is yours! All the Best!!
Those who got in Congratulations, see you next year in school!!

Believe me I KNOW!!
Anyways, addressing all of your concerns regarding the safety around the school, I agree the area is not nice but you are in a safe environment inside the school as well as immediately around the school , thanks to Temple police, Philadelphia PD, Undercover cops. But yes of course if someone is stupid enough to wander off far away into sketchy areas then things might be a little risky. Since you guys will live in a good area (safe) and either drive (safe) or take the train to the school(Train station entrance is right ON the Dental school block!!), so there shouldnt be a problem.
Also, believe me when I say you will not get a clinical exposure as great as Temple Dental anywhere (thanks to the location)!!

Thanks for all the info.
So they have not sent all the acceptances? Are they going to have more interviews or send out more acceptances from the 40ish ppl they jnterviewed?

Are you guys from the 14 th batch??

Hi all....Got in to temple thank heavens!!! :) Im from the 14 th batch.... For all who got accepted congratulationssssssss!!!:) :thumbup:
Ok now my main question for those who are accepting....what are your plans about accomadation and all that stuff??

Hi everyone,

I got accepted at Temple as well! The news still hasn't sinked in! Got my acceptance email on Friday. I'm from the batch who interviewed on the 14th of Dec.
Good luck to the rest of u!

Hi,I was on the 14th interview as well and I got in...yayyyyyyy...:laugh:just wanted to know who this is?

Believe me I KNOW!!

didn't get your point....so are there any spots left or not since u said u know?

Hi all....Got in to temple thank heavens!!! :) Im from the 14 th batch.... For all who got accepted congratulationssssssss!!!:) :thumbup:
Ok now my main question for those who are accepting....what are your plans about accomadation and all that stuff??

Congrats on your Acceptance.:thumbup:

Hey Safns when did you get the acceptance was it before the holidays or after.

Believe me I KNOW!!

will we get a rejection waitlist mail at least..if all seats are already gone? did anyone get any news after they reopened...dont even know whether there are any seats left or if they all are gone

Those of you who are accepted, can we all pls create a separate thread and a FB group so we all will know each other well and get discussing further ? :)

Are they still sending acceptance letter or all done for now? Did anyone receive rejection letter?

Anybody heard from temple this month?

Hi,I was on the 14th interview as well and I got in...yayyyyyyy...:laugh:just wanted to know who this is?

I interviewed on the 12th, not the 14th!! Sorry!! Got the dates mixed up!! But don't worry we're all on the FB group =)

any new acceptances ? still 6 on the fb group... they had 12/13 seats in all isnt it?

Anyone Going for the interview this month? I'm looking for sharing accomodation(female only please).

Hi guys, Temple is still sending out interviews. I just received an email offer for interview today. I will not be going, as I have already accepted at another university. Just thought other hopefully applicants should know there is still a chance and there must still be seats available. Good luck to everyone!