Temple Accomodations lol

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Hey guys I was just wondering if temple give 2 night hotels to very applicant that is out of state ?? and does anyone know the details?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys I was just wondering if temple give 2 night hotels to very applicant that is out of state ?? and does anyone know the details?

Yes, they provide a maximum of 2 nights at the Doubletree Hotel.

It seems to be a tradeoff, awesome hotel but dingus admissions people. The hotel was the best part of my interview at temple...oh and the cookies they have at check-in desk. The sad thing is, I'm not even kidding!

Members don't see this ad :)
is Temple the only school that pays for the hotel? hey godfather did you get a interview invite to temple already?

is Temple the only school that pays for the hotel? hey godfather did you get a interview invite to temple already?

Yes, Temple is the only school that pays for the hotel (specifically the Doubletree). Barry gives you a discounted rate at a few sweet hotels right on the ocean. I had an amazing room last year, could walk to the beach, cost like $70 bucks a night! I believe Scholl gave me somewhat of a discount at a few local hotels as well.

yes, im out of state and they offered 2 nights, I only took one night at the doubletree. It is great that they offer it. Anyway I took one night, because two nights felt greedy.

That is SO awesome! Ok, one point for Temple.

Can any current students say whether Temple continues to invest money in them once they're there? Simple things...how was orientation, white coat ceremony, etc?

That is SO awesome! Ok, one point for Temple.

Can any current students say whether Temple continues to invest money in them once they're there? Simple things...how was orientation, white coat ceremony, etc?

Orientation was AWESOME!!!

The second years really took a lot of time to plan it out. We learned a lot, but they also threw us an amazing welcome party.

Student Government is also doing a lot for the first years this year. We have some activities coming up that they are hosting.

I have to tell you that at Temple, I really feel like I'm a part of something bigger. I went to the football game this weekend and it was awesome. I often go to main campus just to study, which I really like. (We have access to our own podiatric library and the M.D. library).

Housing was a little crazy this year and had me a tad nervous, but it all worked out. And I wish we had a few more group study rooms here on the pod campus. :rolleyes:

Orientation was AWESOME!!!

The second years really took a lot of time to plan it out. We learned a lot, but they also threw us an amazing welcome party.

Student Government is also doing a lot for the first years this year. We have some activities coming up that they are hosting.

I have to tell you that at Temple, I really feel like I'm a part of something bigger. I went to the football game this weekend and it was awesome. I often go to main campus just to study, which I really like. (We have access to our own podiatric library and the M.D. library).

Housing was a little crazy this year and had me a tad nervous, but it all worked out. And I wish we had a few more group study rooms here on the pod campus. :rolleyes:

Wow GT ... Temple sounds really good up 2 this point !

Wow GT ... Temple sounds really good up 2 this point !

I think it just has a different atmosphere than all of the other schools. I don't know about the housing options at other schools, but the on campus housing has allowed me to meet a lot of people.

The buildings are older than a lot of schools out there, but they have what you need here. The housing complex is a "dorm" but there are other options in the city that are nice and affordable.

The clinic is cool. When I went down there for my interview, the place was packed. You'll also get to speak to a lot of students. Ask them the questions that you want candid answers to. From all of my interviews, this is the only place where I got to speak to numerous students and got, what I consider, "real" answers. The upper levels will tell you like it is. Be sure you talk to a lot of people. :D

I wish you :luck: in all your interviews.

Temple is a great school...I don't know why it doesn't get the praise it deserves on this forum but that is neither here nor there. Before I went, the tristate area reputation was that Temple has the best academics hands down! Besides the fact it has the BUSIEST clinic!

Members don't see this ad :)
Temple is a great school...I don't know why it doesn't get the praise it deserves on this forum but that is neither here nor there. Before I went, the tristate area reputation was that Temple has the best academics hands down! Besides the fact it has the BUSIEST clinic!

There are only 2 schools in the area: NYCPM and Temple. So out of those two, I guess one could say Temple is better in some areas.

Two points for NYCPM though: normal admissions staff and located in a "cooler" city. Center City is good, but the rest of Philly pretty much sucks.

BTW, busy clinic does not have to = amazingness. Board pass rates and residency placements are much better things to analyze a pod school. Just look at DMU...

There are only 2 schools in the area: NYCPM and Temple. So out of those two, I guess one could say Temple is better in some areas.

Two points for NYCPM though: normal admissions staff and located in a "cooler" city. Center City is good, but the rest of Philly pretty much sucks.

BTW, busy clinic does not have to = amazingness. Board pass rates and residency placements are much better things to analyze a pod school. Just look at DMU...

Yeah but who cares about the admissions staff? You deal with them for like one day and then never have to see them again for 4 years. And yea Philly does suck but it's way more affordable than NY and WAY safer than where NYCPM is located in NY (Harlem). A busy clinic was an important factor to me because the more you see, the better. You definitely get to see more variety pathology wise and trauma wise in a big city. Yes board pass rates are important, but if you study you will pass. Residency placements are important but you have no idea what is good going into pod school so how would you judge that?
Just some food for thought for students applying..

Yeah but who cares about the admissions staff? You deal with them for like one day and then never have to see them again for 4 years. And yea Philly does suck but it's way more affordable than NY and WAY safer than where NYCPM is located in NY (Harlem). A busy clinic was an important factor to me because the more you see, the better. You definitely get to see more variety pathology wise and trauma wise in a big city. Yes board pass rates are important, but if you study you will pass. Residency placements are important but you have no idea what is good going into pod school so how would you judge that?
Just some food for thought for students applying..

Who is this new Temple herald? I'm so out of the loop...

Why does temple require 2 letters of recommendation from health professionals...I got one from a podiatrist that I shadowed but I dont know any other doctors or health professionals to ask. Do you think they'll wait till they get all LOR before they offer an interview?

I think they require two letters from HP's because they really want to see your commitment to podiatry and that you're not one of those people who apply to pod schools as "backups" to DO/MD schools. I would just try to shadow another DPM for a day or two. Does the podiatrist you work with have any partners? They would probably be more apt to write you a letter after spending a little time with you. Even if there were any health care professionals at your college that know you through alumni or whatever. They might not wait until they get both letters but you don't want to risk it. GOOD LUCK WITH EVERYTHING!!!

Why does temple require 2 letters of recommendation from health professionals...I got one from a podiatrist that I shadowed but I dont know any other doctors or health professionals to ask. Do you think they'll wait till they get all LOR before they offer an interview?

They will interview and accept you without the other health professional letter. Idk why temple requires 2 of these letters. The extra one seemed more like a formality after I was accepted. Not sure if its about your true commitment to podiatry as it does not have to be from a DPM...and Temple accepts a lot of people regardless. DMU/AZPOD/Scholl don't do this and have higher admission standards.

Alright, yeah they actually just called today to set up an interview, even though they havent received all my information. I assume as long as I get everything else, transcripts mcat scores LORs, the one extra LOR from a health care professional shouldn't be too big a deal. And if they do want it I guess they'll let me know at the interview.

And yea Philly does suck but it's way more affordable than NY and WAY safer than where NYCPM is located in NY (Harlem). ..

I really get so sick of hearing stuff like this. Please, honestly tell me how much time you have spent in Harlem. Your one day at your interview? In and out? In Manhattan in general? I am from one of the most dangerous cities in NJ. Ten times more "dangerous" than Harlem. And being a person of color, it makes me think everytime someone claims that Harlem is dangerous that they are basing that on the people living there. Please, do some research. Google dangerous cities in the US. Tell me where NYC falls.

hahaha. me. apparently I'm the only Temple student who posts on here. :D

That's too bad. I've actually had a hard time getting in touch with Temple students. I have a few NYCPM friends who share some important info with me, but the few people i've tried contacting on facebook haven't responded to me. I feel like students really are the best resource.

pre-med commitee letter is much eaiser :D

I really get so sick of hearing stuff like this. Please, honestly tell me how much time you have spent in Harlem. Your one day at your interview? In and out? In Manhattan in general? I am from one of the most dangerous cities in NJ. Ten times more "dangerous" than Harlem. And being a person of color, it makes me think everytime someone claims that Harlem is dangerous that they are basing that on the people living there. Please, do some research. Google dangerous cities in the US. Tell me where NYC falls.

I am actually from central jersey so I have been going to NYC my entire life. I know Manhattan is not that bad in general, but I know for a fact that the area that the school in is dangerous. I am not trying to pretend it's one of the most dangerous cities like Newark or Camden, but you have to walk into the school and out of it. NY students tell me how hard it is to get a parking pass for the parking lot by school so you will def be walking around that area and I know it's not safe. Especially for a woman. Students from the school when I went to my interview TOLD me about how unsafe it is and how they need someone to walk with them out at night time. Also, I don't judge how unsafe an area is based on the race of people that live there. Maybe some people do, but I don't. Besides the fact of it being a sketchy area, it is also NOT nice. There are nice parts of Harlem for sure but this is not one of them.

and I am available for any questioning about TEmple. feel free to PM me!

Last edited: