Telling med schools about taking MCAT again

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medskate16

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You will have to add the test date to the AACOMAS app if you are planning to take the new MCAT. If you feel that you will do poorly, DO NOT take the new MCAT. A 27 is a good enough MCAT score to get into a DO school except the "top" ones (CCOM, AZCOM, coastal Touros, Western, etc.).

Take this for a grain of salt. I'm only n=1.

Majority of the students who took the new MCAT did better. They couldn't break a 25 on the old scale and scored +505 on the new scale.

There is a portion on the application where you CAN input your scheduled future MCAT. Will this hinder you in getting interviews? No, it shouldn't. Again, I don't see any harm if you did / didn't list it on your application, but that shouldn't be your concern. Your MAIN concern is whether or not you do BETTER or WORSE on the new test.

Nonetheless, a 27 is good for DO. The question is, did you do significantly better compare to your priors or did you flatline at 27?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey man,

depending on your GPA, a 27 can get you into a DO school. I would submit without inputting the new MCAT date in the system. This will allow you to get the ball rolling ASAP. If you decide to take the MCAT, after you get your score you can input it into the system. The schools will receive the score. If you take it and void it, then it's all good! You don't have to worry about a thing since the schools won't know.

100% agree. A 27 is fine for my school and all others, except AZCOM.

Hey man,

depending on your GPA, a 27 can get you into a DO school. I would submit without inputting the new MCAT date in the system. This will allow you to get the ball rolling ASAP. If you decide to take the MCAT, after you get your score you can input it into the system. The schools will receive the score. If you take it and void it, then it's all good! You don't have to worry about a thing since the schools won't know.