Tell me more

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

samisab786

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've sort of skimmed MD-MBA.org. This is very new to me as I've never heard of a MD-MBA program before. I was considering a field in both medicine/science and business and this seems to fulfill my answer. But I just want to know more about the combined program. Like, how can you exactly apply your MBA training to your MD training? Sorry if that sounds ignorant. I'm 1st year undergrad so I have no idea about this. If you are participating in this program, please tell me more about the benefits of doing this.
Thank You
-Bagel

Members don't see this ad.

Most people will argue that an MBA is more valuable after you have some significant working experience. If you've been a student your entire life, then getting an MBA education will limit the types of benefits you may potentially gain.

Having said that, I would encourage you to get your health/science degree first. Then, gain some working experience and understand the business issues at hand. If you want to gain additional formal business education and network with key individuals, then go for an MBA.