Telemedicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ara96

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Don't know if this is the appropriate place to post, Mods please feel free to move if it isn't.

I'm in Psych but posting on behalf of one of my uncles who is an IM PCP in Southern California he does mainly Urgent Care shifts but he is 62 and with this Co-Vid situation we really would prefer he not see patients directly or work at all, but that's not an option he has bills to pay. I was wondering if anyone has any leads on a good telemedicine company that would be good for someone who is not so tech savvy? I have heard that HIPAA has been waived in this time.

Thank you and Hope everyone is holding up in this difficult time.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
Don't know if this is the appropriate place to post, Mods please feel free to move if it isn't.

I'm in Psych but posting on behalf of one of my uncles who is an IM PCP in Southern California he does mainly Urgent Care shifts but he is 62 and with this Co-Vid situation we really would prefer he not see patients directly or work at all, but that's not an option he has bills to pay. I was wondering if anyone has any leads on a good telemedicine company that would be good for someone who is not so tech savvy? I have heard that HIPAA has been waived in this time.

Thank you and Hope everyone is holding up in this difficult time.

Try doxy.me...they are free for a month and suppose to be fairly user friendly.

Is his practice manager pretty savy?

Try doxy.me...they are free for a month and suppose to be fairly user friendly.

Is his practice manager pretty savy?

Nope, not really he doesn't have his own practice and works in an urgent care. Plus he doesn't even have a laptop so uses an iPad/iPHone.