Telemedicine/health/optometry abroad

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aounski

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Need some help on this one. Currently licensed in 4 states. I live in one of the four while I practice remotely part-time and part-time in person. In other words, I work hybrid. I understand that the Supreme Court ruled that Medicare and Medicaid cannot be billed if a physician (I assume MD) is not in the United States. This means that physicians are able to do telehealth abroad. Does the same apply for optometrists, or should I contact my state government on a better understanding of how telehealth works?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

Need some help on this one. Currently licensed in 4 states. I live in one of the four while I practice remotely part-time and part-time in person. In other words, I work hybrid. I understand that the Supreme Court ruled that Medicare and Medicaid cannot be billed if a physician (I assume MD) is not in the United States. This means that physicians are able to do telehealth abroad. Does the same apply for optometrists, or should I contact my state government on a better understanding of how telehealth works?
i think best to check with your state optometry board.

Optometric telehealth is a scam.

Reactions: 1 user