Technion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kra

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about technion in Israel. I applied to both sackler and technion..was just accepted to technion and havent heard back from sackler yet. Was wondering if anyone knows how the competition is when applying for a residency back in the US...any info about the school would be great help!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi. I'm a 3rd year at the technion. I'm not worried about getting residency back in the states, in fact most people graduating ahead of me have done great on their boards and gotten very competative spots. But thats not technion alone, if you go anywhere in israel you can compete for a good residency back home, esp in northeast.
If you do a few google searches with key words like, technion, sakler, and residents, you can def find some of their placements.
FYI if your between the 2 schools, I recommend sackler. Technion is really tuff academically, and not so compassionate if you can't keep up. Don't get me wrong though, I'm doing just fine and so are my classmates.
good luck, ROB

kra said:
Anyone know anything about technion in Israel. I applied to both sackler and technion..was just accepted to technion and havent heard back from sackler yet. Was wondering if anyone knows how the competition is when applying for a residency back in the US...any info about the school would be great help!!

So, what did you decide? I got into Technion, haven't heard from Sackler yet - but have made the decision that I want to be at Technion. Was faced with the same dilemma, but from everything I hear, the education seems to be stronger at Technion.

Members don't see this ad :)
Technion is a top school, even VS North american schools.

I grew up in Israel and one of my best friends goes to school there. If you want more information PM me, but overall, it's as good as any Israeli school, if not better. Also, RAMBAM hospital sees a lot of trauma medicine if that is what you're interested in.

good luck

Facebook.com/technionmedicine