Technion Thesis Requirement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blimp

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know the specifics of the Technion Thesis Requirement for TEAMS students? Is it hard to complete in addition to the regular coursework?

Members don't see this ad.

Can someone help us out with this. In addition, I also wanted to ask if it is better to start doing this thesis in the 1st year or leave it for later?

Any information would be appreciated.

I dont think there is anybody who started the thesis their first year (i am finishing my first year now). It likely would be too much to handle, what with adjusting to med school and haifa ect.... It should not be your primary concern at this point. However, there is no problem with starting it if you find a project you are interested in.

What is a good idea would be to have a plan by the end of your first year. Several students have plans to begin and complete the research this summer, while others plan to begin and carry it through the second year.

The way it seems to work here, is decide on a general field you want to research, and aproach a professor or even a random researcher and ask if they have a project you can work on.

Again, this is not soemthng to worry about now, but if your interested, here is a link to the thesis guidlines.
http://md.technion.ac.il/pictures/storage/4/30.pdf