Tech'ing 1-2-3 (and $111)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Triangulation

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received pharm tech certification yesterday in the mail, and just to set the records straight: In California, you don't need to complete any pharm tech training programs to get certification. If you have a bachelors or even an a.a. in the sciences related to health you qualify I just had to send them something like $50 for the application and $61 for the livescan fingerprinting.

Oh yeah and thanks goes to Keiki who told me about this initially.

Members don't see this ad.

hey..could you post up the process. or the website.. right on, triangulation?

but no break before pharm school?? :( come on, get some rest.

i'm still waiting on a whole bunch of schools. you're going to usc right?

hey, can you comment on the academic rigor and the student happiness at USC? what did you think, or have heard?

hey, btw..do you think that your time now, would best be served as a pahrm tech??..that is if you already have an acceptance?

do you think it is crucial for the job reference to get a good pharm job, at say, the best walgreens in california.

btw, since you're in california, can you comment on what stores are the ones highly sought after by graduating pharmd's. i mean specific locations, too. I heard walgreens is the chain.

any comments or debates about the best chain to work for?

Members don't see this ad :)
hey tryinghard...

i'm still waiting on a whole bunch of schools.

where did you apply to and where have you interviewed/heard from?

Hey Keiki, check your PM's. No other news, unfortuantely. I'm hoping to get something soon.

Hey Keiki, can you tell us how to get a pharm tech liscence.

btw, how much are they paying down in cali?

I managed to get on a couple of registers for pharm tech positions in the SF area. One woman I spoke with said they'd try and place me somewhere where I'd get training on the spot rather than the standard 3 wk training period. The friend that referred me told me that they'd pay better than Walgreens ($16/hr.)

The friend also told me that it's a grea thing to apply for tech jobs after you've been accepted bc they're all hot and bothered to get hold of someone they can funnel into their system and that they're confident in. It seems to be working so far, most of the people I spoke with were pretty enthusiastic about having me start.

Nice work Dave. Are you from Corvallis? I almost chose U of O over U-Dub when I was in high school. I sent them my intent letter and everything, but switched at the last minute.

I spoke with a 3rd pharm student at OSU a few mos ago, and he was really enthusiastic about school and his prospects. He didn't have a lot to say about what other fields outside of working in pharmacy, but still his positive outlook was a big plus. He was pretty confident that he was set.

So did you end up at UW for your undergrad, and why didn't you choose to do pharmacy there? Was it a residency thing (I saw your living in the Bay Area)?

yup and yup. I love seattle but I don't know when, if ever, I'll get back there. My extended fam, bro, and gf are in So Cal, so I dunno.

Portland rocks and OHSU is hella cool. I used to stop by Papa Haydn's whenever I went south from Seattle.

I start tech'ing tomorrow at 10 am. Passed the urine test and everything:p