MPH Teaching with a MPH and Also Have A Dual degree in Psych and PH

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PsychMajorUndergrad18

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this side of SDN and am glad to have found this Forum. I was wondering if I could ask a few questions about teaching with a MPH and combining clinical psych with public health. Currently I'm a psychology undergrad and might even do a Public Health minor.

Heres my questions:

What the likelihood of becoming a Adjunct or Assistant Professor of Public Health with a MPH and a Clinical Psych PhD with post-doc training in Clinical Health Psychology?

How would a MPH compliment my possible future training in Clinical Health Psychology?

Is there a good market for MPHs (especially in the behavioral health area)?

Would I be my competitive than other if I go through with doing a MPH and Health Psych PhD/Post-Doc?

Thanks and I look forward to hearing you guys (or gals) remarks and answers

Members don't see this ad.

From what I heard and have seen- people have done MPH prior and post PhD where their PhD not necessarily being in the public health. The most recent one which in fact I came across was an instructor with PhD in communication studies and MPH teaching public health at Kansas University. Public health being such an interdisciplinary field of studies, I am sure so many other majors could also be combined with an added MPH degree (even engineering), and not just Clinical Psychology. I hope you get answers for rest of your queries there. All the best for your goals ahead.