TBI

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dragon416

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I had a few questions in regards to my particular situation. I had a traumatic brain injury 3 years ago, due to an atv collision into a tree and had to do intensive physical therapy for four months (since my whole right side did not function at all) and through out the years, I have regained all my strength physically and mentally, I run three miles per day 6 days a week and now I am pursing my career in PT. Also, I grew a close relationship with the PT staff. My question is, does this story impact the admission committee? Will this give me a slight edge? Thank you guys and God bless.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes. It's all in the message to the receiver. Be sincere and don't turn it into a cliche. Good luck.

You definitely should include your TBI and your recovery in your statement of intentions and during your interview. Not many other applicants have similar experience. If the PTs that rehabed you inspired you to become a PT, then you definitely should share that. Schools want to know what your story is, why you want to become a PT (to help TBI patients recover, for example) and what you think you can add to the profession.

Kevin