Talk to me about Boston University!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ATX04UT

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got in at BU and was wondering what ya'll can tell me about Boston University....anything...like good or bad? Input please.

Members don't see this ad.

ATX04UT said:
I got in at BU and was wondering what ya'll can tell me about Boston University....anything...like good or bad? Input please.

It's a good school. They're known for really looking out for their students: i.e. those who might have trouble. They have nice facilities, and their location in boston is pretty good in one direction. Expensive school though, and in my opinion their APEX program is a bit BS. I don't go there so I don't really know though.

delicious said:
It's a good school. They're known for really looking out for their students: i.e. those who might have trouble. They have nice facilities, and their location in boston is pretty good in one direction. Expensive school though, and in my opinion their APEX program is a bit BS. I don't go there so I don't really know though.

During my interview at BU, the student there told me how frustrated they are with their whole chair situation. She said they give you 20 limited chair sessions per month, and they have 35% patient no show rate and yet, there are certain number of required procedures that you must finish. Basically, my point is, they tend to overaccept, and "some" student seemed to be quite frustrated by it. This is only what I heard from a student at BU, other than that it seems to be very cool school.

Members don't see this ad :)
What is the class size at bu? couldn't dig it up?

ddsjeff77 said:
What is the class size at bu? couldn't dig it up?

At the interview, I think they said around 115.

Rezdawg said:
At the interview, I think they said around 115.

Yeah, I think that's about right. BU gets a lot of trash talk on SDN because people think it's an easy school to get into. It's actually a really good school, much better than Tufts.

delicious said:
Yeah, I think that's about right. BU gets a lot of trash talk on SDN because people think it's an easy school to get into. It's actually a really good school, much better than Tufts.

how so? please elaborate

Dr.BadVibes said:
how so? please elaborate

Sorry Dr.BadVibes, it would take me too long to elaborate on why BU is better than Tufts. There's so much to say. I won't even start because I have to study. Just take my word for it, BU is better than Tufts.

I know a few dentists who have gone to Tufts and they loved it. Said they got work from Harvard because their lab work wasn't that great or something. Also, heard that BU is more of a party school. Don't anyone flame me for saying that, just what I heard from the grapevine so I can't verify it.

BU was a very nice school. The professors, adminstrators, and students all seems happy and friendly. I never got the impression that anybody was upset to be there. I think BU gets a bad reputation because it is such an expensive school.