taking science classes at Amherst

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fullefect1

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently attending commmunity college as of now. But next year I may be at Umass Amherst. They have a join thing set up with Amherst college and i was wondering if taking some classes there would be benificial for the name or would it look bad because of to many different schools?

Also, added to that would it even be worse if i were to take some other classes like chemistry at a state school locally in the summer so i can get ahead for the MCAT?

Thanks,
Chris

Members don't see this ad.

Many of the science classes at Amherst College are very challenging. I would definitely recommend that you take a few courses there if you can. When I was there, I took a genetics course at UMASS, which was also very good. But the two schools have very different environments. Many AC sci classes have thirty to fifty people. In contrast, the UMASS class had several hundred. The AC classes might allow you to get to know a professor well. You would also stand out as a five college student, which could be a good thing as long as you're doing well. In any case, both places have excellent classes.