Taking precalc after multivar?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asdfboy

Reaction score
I took multivar calc freshman year and got a B.
Would it look bad if I were to take precalc and calc as a junior/senior? What if I do this at a different state school?

Members don't see this ad.

I am unsure what you are trying to accomplish by doing that. One B from freshman year is not going to matter. If you do not need to take precalc or calculus for your major, then do not waste your time.

Reactions: 2 users
Most med schools require only 3 credits of statistics
The requirements for your college major are a different story and I suggest you speak with your major’s advisor as you do when planning your degree completion.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Welcome to the forums.

I don't get your endgame. I agree to check with your major/academic advisors if this is allowed or the consequences to your degree. You should also check to see if you must have permission to repeat the class since you are taking a class you already passed.

There is no grade replacement in calculating your application GPA, and the bump up is very modest from a B.

I took multivar calc freshman year and got a B.
Would it look bad if I were to take precalc and calc as a junior/senior? What if I do this at a different state school?
Bro if you're looking for gpa boosters, take a Beatles history class lmao. You'll need the humanities credits anyway. If even possible, I think adcoms would be a bit sus about retaking calc/precalc if you've already done calc 3

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
I am surprised your school would let you take pre calc after taking multivariable as pre calc is typically a pre req for calculus I & II which are prereqs for multivariable. My school would not allow students to take lower level classes if they have completed higher level courses as it can throw off the grade distribution.

Bro if you're looking for gpa boosters, take a Beatles history class lmao. You'll need the humanities credits anyway. If even possible, I think adcoms would be a bit sus about retaking calc/precalc if you've already done calc 3
I agree with this. Just take interesting electives, they don't have to be difficult. My "Intro to Greek Mythology" elective came up in an interview because the interviewer took the same class :rofl:

• Haha