This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predental808

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am applying to dental school this cycle and I was wondering if taking English 200 after I apply (but before I graduate in May 2018) will affect my acceptance into dental school. I know schools will often give a tentative acceptance upon completion of the course, however does this hinder them from accepting you compared to a comparable student who has all their pre-requisites complete?

When I apply I will have all my pre-req sciences/math completed, just not English 200. My plan is to take English 200 in spring 2018

Thanks for the input!

Members don't see this ad.

If you hadn't taken any biology class before applying or something like that, maybe.

An English class? Not even close to being a problem.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah don't worry, I'm doing the same for my english pre-req. There's no problem.

Just double check with all the schools you're applying to that it's not a problem-- it shouldn't be. I know there are schools that will not let you apply if you haven't completed all of the prerequisites before you apply (i.e. Stony Brook), so just be safe to double check before you waste money on a school that won't look at you!