taking pre-reqs after submitting applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CinnamonBijoux

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I still have to take 1 pre-req course after I submit my application. I know that we have the option of taking some pre req's after submitting but will my application not be looked at until the schools have all my grades for all the pre-reqs? thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I think most people still have pre-reqs left when they apply. The schools will make you send them a final transcript after you're finished so they can make sure you've taken everything you need. They'll still look at your app. I know for a few schools (if not most or all) they have a space for classes you still need to take.

I think most people still have pre-reqs left when they apply. The schools will make you send them a final transcript after you're finished so they can make sure you've taken everything you need. They'll still look at your app. I know for a few schools (if not most or all) they have a space for classes you still need to take.

oh alright, so i can still be invited for an interview and such?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah! You're fine. :) Like I said, they'll just want to see your final transcript to make sure you did well.

I have the same concern. I haven't taken ochem lab yet, but i have a year of organic lecture and one semster of biochem lecture. At my school they offered limited sections of lab and it never really worked with my schedule so i still haven't taken it. I've called a few schools and have been told that you can still get accepted but it's going to provisional and you must finish all remaining pre-req's with a c or better prior to marticulation. I won't be able to take it until this spring. I'm still concernd that they might put applicants on the waitlist after an interview due to an outstanding pre-req until they get the final grade. does anyone know anything about this first hand?
Thanks

I have the same concern. I haven't taken ochem lab yet, but i have a year of organic lecture and one semster of biochem lecture. At my school they offered limited sections of lab and it never really worked with my schedule so i still haven't taken it. I've called a few schools and have been told that you can still get accepted but it's going to provisional and you must finish all remaining pre-req's with a c or better prior to marticulation. I won't be able to take it until this spring. I'm still concernd that they might put applicants on the waitlist after an interview due to an outstanding pre-req until they get the final grade. does anyone know anything about this first hand?
Thanks

nahh. I think that if your interview goes well you should be fine. You just have to make sure that you dont mess up in the classes that you still need to take. Other wise i dont think they can set you aside. I called one of the schools and they said its fine to take classes after you submit, you just need to send them another transcript after classes are over.