Taking pre-med requirements in business school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Would you do this?

• No, too risky.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wouldn't go to business school in the first place.

• Not entirely sure.

• I already have an MBA.

• Not my circus, not my monkeys.

• Total voters

Just1voice

Game changer
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just found out the b-school I'm considering attending this fall allows students to take classes throughout the university. I'm very fortunate this won't affect my finances if I can schedule science classes around my MBA curriculum, but it could affect my GPA.

I'm also hoping to work in healthcare part-time though I know that will be a heavy load. I'm also starting a nonprofit and this is a full-time MBA program.

It's not the most elite program out there, but it's a top 30 and I made it clear medical school was my end game, and I'm extremely confident in the starting salaries & career placement rate of their graduates if I change my mind halfway in.

Doable? Many MD programs offer a dual MD/MBA. In this case, I'd get the MBA first.

Members don't see this ad.

I would choose 2 of those initiatives and strive to excel in them, not aiming for mediocre in all 4. Taking pre-reqs sounds reasonable, but also working sounds too hard, and so does starting a non-profit. If you really want to do the non-profit, maybe do that then take the pre-reqs later, or start the non-profit if your classes are going well. Overall it just seems destined to fail if you don't give somewhere.

Reactions: 1 user
Taking 2 prereqs right now.

But you are starting a non-profit too. Idk might not be doable.