Taking notes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joelmamchur

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering whether anyone thought it would be worth my time to take notes on Kaplan (like a page or two per ch.). Since the MCAT is a great deal of critical thinking, is it even worth the time to take notes? I was thinking that point form notes would be great for the week before the test... although I really don't want to waste time on such a thing...... any feedback is greatly appreciated:)
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

joelmamchur said:
I was wondering whether anyone thought it would be worth my time to take notes on Kaplan (like a page or two per ch.). Since the MCAT is a great deal of critical thinking, is it even worth the time to take notes? I was thinking that point form notes would be great for the week before the test... although I really don't want to waste time on such a thing...... any feedback is greatly appreciated:)
Thanks!

Probably. I did TPR and I made notecards with one high value piece of information each. Then I'd review my notecards so I didn't forget old stuff while I was working on new stuff. Worked really well for me.

I think that depends on how well you did on the undergrad courses. I'm working with EK, and they go all out to let you know how few formulas and definitions they make their students memorize (there is even a lame joke with Salty the crackers in Jeopardy format criticizing the other prep companies for their incredible amounts of memorization.)

I would really advise against heavy note-taking. Like you said, the MCAT is about critical thinking and all the MCAT type practice questions I've taken so far have required very little memorization of formulas, definitions, data, et.