Taking COMLEX 1 in March crazy??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hfiso

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to get it over with so I'm debating between March 15 or May 11. There are no April spots. Anyone take the COMLEX this early (March) during second year?

Strong didactic background in top 10% of class

Members don't see this ad.

You're allowed to take it in march?? This is a new one for me
We have been released to take the exam with the understanding that most people will take it in May or June. It's probably frowned upon to take it in March, but since it is P/F, I am tempted to try and get it over with.

Members don't see this ad :)
We have been released to take the exam with the understanding that most people will take it in May or June. It's probably frowned upon to take it in March, but since it is P/F, I am tempted to try and get it over with.
I can understand the desire to get it over with, but do not take this exam until you are 100% ready for it.

Reactions: 6 users
The first year of both USMLE and COMLEX going P/F had a higher proportion of failing grades than in previous years, largely in part to people making the mistake of thinking either is a cakewalk to simply push some P.

Don't take either until you're confident you're ready.

Reactions: 3 users
No, thats not even until April. Another reason to probably wait.
Yeah then no I wouldn't. You could buy one one your own rn, but unless you score like 500 on a real world condition I wouldn't risk it

Yeah then no I wouldn't. You could buy one one your own rn, but unless you score like 500 on a real world condition I wouldn't risk it
This.
“Just passing” is easier than if you had to get a good score, it’s true. But don’t risk your whole future on a desire to just get it over with.
And if you’re taking USMLE as well- I honestly do not know it’s recommended to do both at this point- you’re better off taking the two close together so your knowledge is fresh/maxed for both.

Reactions: 3 users
“Just passing” is easier than if you had to get a good score, it’s true.

It’s easier if you spent two years preparing for a graded exam. For the students who internalized it as ‘easier’ over M1&2, it’s very difficult.

Reactions: 1 users
So this site likes to **** all over comlex, but it’s still a tough exam in its own right. Rushing it for vacation can have extremely bad effects on your entire career.

Reactions: 2 users
That's being greedy, I would certainly wait until you take a COMSAE at least. The style of comlex will throw you for a loop. Comlex gives very little info in the stem and expects you to extrapolate based on keywords and buzz phrases. Step will give you too much information and expect you to deduce an answer from that.

Reactions: 2 users