Switching From Radiology to Ophthalmology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Frankie7925

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone who would be interested in switching your PGY-2 ophthalmology position for my radiology position? I have realized during my current preliminary medicine year that I really love ophthalmology and I am not as excited about rads. Any additional advice is welcome. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

hey there, just curious where you're placed for rads? what state if you don't want to be too specific. thanks!

Frankie7925 said:
Is there anyone who would be interested in switching your PGY-2 ophthalmology position for my radiology position? I have realized during my current preliminary medicine year that I really love ophthalmology and I am not as excited about rads. Any additional advice is welcome. Thanks!

californialove said:
hey there, just curious where you're placed for rads? what state if you don't want to be too specific. thanks!

Pennsylvania

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you need to speak with program directors to see if they would authorize such a switch? Or is this sort of thing commonplace?

darrvao777 said:
Do you need to speak with program directors to see if they would authorize such a switch? Or is this sort of thing commonplace?

I'm sure the program directors would have to authorize.