Swastika

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

data

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
There is a big confusion with this symbol of good luck in NA. I don't understand why anyone would just assume it is only dealt with naziism. Its like going after anyone with a turban cause they look like a taliban.
This is a link that will explain anyone who needs any information.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

Members don't see this ad.

I heard the reason why Hitler used the inverse verison of the Hindu Swastika, was because Hanumanji made Hitler see in some dream the swastika image in a mirror. Knowing that the image was going to be used for an evil purpose, Hanumanji decided to play a trick and made Adolf see the image inversely, and at an angle.

Some friend told me this, and I asked him for a reference, but he didn't know where to find it. Anyone else heard something like this?

sunny123 said:
I heard the reason why Hitler used the inverse verison of the Hindu Swastika, was because Hanumanji made Hitler see in some dream the swastika image in a mirror. Knowing that the image was going to be used for an evil purpose, Hanumanji decided to play a trick and made Adolf see the image inversely, and at an angle.

Some friend told me this, and I asked him for a reference, but he didn't know where to find it. Anyone else heard something like this?
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Nay,,never heard that before..but its a good one :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
:laugh: :laugh:
sunny123 said:

I didn't mean for it to be funny everyone. :)

sunny123 said:
I didn't mean for it to be funny everyone. :)
Talking animals make everyone laugh. Ask that parrot in Alladin.

Premedtomed said:
Didn't expect something so stupid from you
How do you know that hanumaji didn't tell hitler. Hitler did read a lot about Hindu philosophy. So mabye he did dream about hanuman.

Premedtomed said:
Didn't expect something so stupid from you
Why don't you get back to looking for a girlfriend? You seem to be attached to me for some peculiar reason.

sunny123 said:
Why don't you get back to looking for a girlfriend? You seem to be attached to me for some peculiar reason.
OH MY GAWD....sonny got mad. This is a first. :laugh: KODAK MOMENT. I think boinger missed this.

:laugh:
i never did like photographing people =P

I just finished watching last samurai for the 2nd time. I SAY PREM HAS DISHONORED our brother sunny. If you were a samurai you would know what to do with your sword ( hint Seppuku ). YOU HAVE SHAMED US ALL.

Samurai_Swords_Front.JPG

I WILL AVENGE YOU MY CAPTAIN

star-trek-data-androide.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
prady said:
I think he wanted to discuss this. Not laugh at it. Not everything in the SDN is to laugh at. "Adventure. Heh! Excitement. Heh! A Jedi craves not these things."

good!discuss then!go ahead! :thumbup:
data said:
I think he wanted to discuss this. Not laugh at it. Not everything in the SDN is to laugh at. "Adventure. Heh! Excitement. Heh! A Jedi craves not these things."

prady said:
good!discuss then!go ahead! :thumbup:
:laugh: I lost my appetite. You can go ahead.

Hey is it true that if the swastika is displayed the way Hitler had it (rather than how we Hindus display it), it's bad luck? This is what my mom told me, but I'm not sure if you guys have heard that...?

Well i dunno if its true or not... but he did try to take over the world and was totally crushed from all sides.... so maybe that could be a hint =P

but seriously thought if you display the swastika as hitler had it displayed you generally attract negative attention to yourself as no one really liked nazism and that whole shpeel so instead of it being superstitious bad luck it could actually be realistic bad luck either way i would assume the results would be negative.. =) just my two cents... if you look at things that way a lot more of these weird superstitions will make sense like for example why not walk under a ladder well it may slide and fall on ur head =) or something that the person using the ladder for like tools may fall on your head =)

/done rant

saffronrain said:
Hey is it true that if the swastika is displayed the way Hitler had it (rather than how we Hindus display it), it's bad luck? This is what my mom told me, but I'm not sure if you guys have heard that...?
Well go outside and spray paint it and if you call us from the county jail to bail you out we know your mom is right.

:mad: yeah okay thanks a lot guys. serious question.. but maybe i just phrased it wrong. whatever. maybe what i meant to ask was if you displayed the swastika in any manner that was different from the way Hindus displayed it, would it be bad..? i guess i'll stick with the "yes it would be bad" answer.
peace.

and we said yes it is bad (seriously) dont do it =P

actually i dont even reccomend displaying it at all even the indian way.... as long as your outside of india... people arent all that educated / clued up on the world they tend to assume things negatively.... and they surely arent gonna examine the rotation of the swastika nor the angle...

Boinger said:

actually i dont even reccomend displaying it at all even the indian way.... as long as your outside of india... people arent all that educated / clued up on the world they tend to assume things negatively.... and they surely arent gonna examine the rotation of the swastika nor the angle...

true true... i wasn't going to display it. i was just curious, and in these cases curiosity would most definitely kill the cat.

****. i need sleep.

saffronrain said:
true true... i wasn't going to display it. i was just curious, and in these cases curiosity would most definitely kill the cat.

****. i need sleep.
There are different forms of our swastika, and the majority of N.Americans don't want to be informed of them... so they'll just harrass you for no reason except out of ignorance.

Boinger said:

She's in ct....the cops are out looking for taliban...why would they even think of her.

data said:
She's in ct....the cops are out looking for taliban...why would they even think of her.
you never know............................................ ;)

okayyyyy seriously i'm out. laterr

saffronrain said:
you never know............................................ ;)

okayyyyy seriously i'm out. laterr
lates homey ;)

HEy u know what !!

If your brown .... your down!

OhSwastika !!!! Quite cool,huh? :cool: especially the traditional indian way drawn with vermillion- thatz my avatar!

sunny123 said:

naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

sunny123 said:
There are different forms of our swastika, and the majority of N.Americans don't want to be informed of them... so they'll just harrass you for no reason except out of ignorance.
for these guys...its all about meditation.......karma.....women with spots.....and some kind of *&^%$.Worse is when people do not want to understand wht we tell abt our culture...and start giving some references from books by American authors........I hate that movie Guru........