Surgical Oncology Fellowship Match 2018/2019 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SurgOnc1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Just thought I would start the thread. Anyone hear back from any programs?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello SurgOnc1,

Have not heard yet ! Seems most of the invitations went out jan/Feb based on last year thread

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello SurgOnc1,

Have not heard yet ! Seems most of the invitations went out jan/Feb based on last year thread

Thanks for your reply! Yes I did see that most invitations went out Jan/Feb but some did send out in December
Well good luck to everyone out there and look forward to hopefully seeing you on interview trail! Also, thanks for calming my nerves this time of year....

Yes same here - I am nervous wreck. Also look forward to seeing everyone on the interview trail. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Do the programs typically send out all interviews on one date? Are any delayed interviews sent out later? Do they typically send out rejection letters? Thanks.

Do the programs typically send out all interviews on one date? Are any delayed interviews sent out later? Do they typically send out rejection letters? Thanks.

My understanding is most programs send out all interviews on one date. There is no rolling admission or rolling invites. Not sure about rejection letters.

what are people doing about the fact that you can't interview at Hopkins and make it to the MDA reception/dinner? skipping dinner i assume?

not sure. dinner is pretty important. i emailed hopkins and havent heard back. any other thoughts?

Wish MDA would move their dinner to Saturday since a lot of people will have this issue. Even with Hopkins being done at 3:30 on Friday you just can’t make it to Houston in time for the dinner.

Tell MDA? If enough people can't make the dinner cause of Hopkins interview they may move it.

I just cancelled my Hopkins interview. I've been told the dinner at MDA is too important to miss, and Hopkins really only has 0-1 spots that aren't filled, so it seemed like better odds to go all in on MDA. Not sure how others feel about that.

I just cancelled my Hopkins interview. I've been told the dinner at MDA is too important to miss, and Hopkins really only has 0-1 spots that aren't filled, so it seemed like better odds to go all in on MDA. Not sure how others feel about that.

What’s done is done but I would not have advised that.

Unless it’s changed since I applied, the MDA dinner is just Tex mex with the current fellows. I love a good margarita as much as the next guy, but I can’t imagine it would be that big a deal to miss it, certainly not enough to cancel an interview at a good program.