support/advice/

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wanthatmd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My MCAT is in 23 days. I am freaking out. I haven't fully finished biology content yet. I just got TPRH Sci book and I am overwhelmed with the amount of work to do in that.

My last practice exam (not aamc) I took was 4 days a go: 9/7/7 (25)

I really need advice on how to maximize the remaining amount of time I have. I have 5 AAMCs left and 3 from another company.

Members don't see this ad.

What are you hoping to get? If you are planning for the 30s range (which seems like it from username) then I would reschedule.

If you are scoring below 10s then it tends to mean you need more content review. For verbal, you HAVE to do practice daily so you get a hang of it and are able to really improve your skills since it all comes from practice.

I would personally reschedule and take a few weeks to go straight content review, then transition into doing passages and finally doing practice exams. Otherwise, it will be more than difficult to make a 5 point jump into the 30s with less than a month.

you said your "last practice was 25", did you get any higher ? if not then i would say you need to reschedule and do at least one full test daily, along with other study. So get more tests.

i am awaiting results of june 21 test, i am a 17 yo univ senior with bio and chem majors and still have 4.0gpa half way thru senior year, and i started at 29 with my first practice, got as low as 23 and with four weeks of daily practice, using all the companies books was between 34 and 40 in my last week of twice daily full length computer practice tests. I will be happy with a 32, but have weeks to wait to see if i need to retake.