This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StrangeDoctor

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! This is my first SDN post so apologies for any mistakes on my part and thanks for stopping by.

So I'm in the nascent stages of MCAT preparation right now, just about to start major content review. I decided on using the Kaplan 7-Subject pack as my main source, but after doing a little bit of bit of looking around at MCAT forums it's clear that I'll need other supplementary materials to do significantly well.

From what I understand for content review, I hear EK, Berkley Review, and Khan Academy are the Big 3 outside of TPR and Kaplan, (I heard KA is particularly for CARS). Aside from that, the recommendations for different subjects are a blur. So, what are the best supplemental books for particular subjects? There's no definitive list or Holy Grail for MCAT prep I know, but I'm just curious what your opinion is. If you've used the Kaplan 7-Subject pack that'd be pretty useful, but all suggestions are welcome.

Separately but equally importantly, what testing material would you recommend in addition to all of AAMCS paid material and the 3 Kaplan FLs that come with the 7-Subject pack? AAMCS is obviously great for everything, but if there's certain sections that say Berkley or EK do particularly well, please do tell.

It's a quite a lengthy first post I know, but I appreciate you taking them to read it. Any response would be very useful, and thanks a bunch!

Members don't see this ad.

UWorld MCAT is really good for content. Hard, but almost game like. The others for content review is on the dry side, almost as dry as Sahara; no fun.

Reactions: 1 user