SUNY Interview w/out complete ap

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Samus2008

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was curious if anyone has gotten an interview invite from SUNY Optometry with missing parts of your application such as OAT scores, letters of reference, etc. I read while trying to search this that someone names achrium has, but anyone else and what were you missing and what are your stats?

Members don't see this ad.

I was curious if anyone has gotten an interview invite from SUNY Optometry with missing parts of your application such as OAT scores, letters of reference, etc. I read while trying to search this that someone names achrium has, but anyone else and what were you missing and what are your stats?

Last year I got an interview without taking the OAT. They wont accept you without that information, but they will interview you and put you on hold until the info is received.

Last year I got an interview without taking the OAT. They wont accept you without that information, but they will interview you and put you on hold until the info is received.

Was your GPA really good?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah thats me. I got an interview w/o OAT or LORs. By the time I got there for the interview, they had my OAT scores. I'm in the process of getting the LOR's out to them. I don't know if I got accepted (provisional) or not yet. Hopefully I'll find out this week.

Well I got a letter from SUNY. They can't make a decision on my candidacy. "My application will be periodically reviewed." Oh well, I guess its better than getting flat out rejected although I can't help but feel I got rejected.

Well I got a letter from SUNY. They can't make a decision on my candidacy. "My application will be periodically reviewed." Oh well, I guess its better than getting flat out rejected although I can't help but feel I got rejected.

Aw man. Try not to let it get to you... I think you've got a great shot. And if you don't, then I'm definitely in the same boat with you ;)

Did you call to ask if there was anything about your application that could be improved?

Aw man. Try not to let it get to you... I think you've got a great shot. And if you don't, then I'm definitely in the same boat with you ;)

Did you call to ask if there was anything about your application that could be improved?

No, I didn't call them. I'm going to wait until my LOR committee letter is sent, and then I'll wait to hear something. If I don't hear anything still, then I'll have to give them a call.

I hope you have better luck!

No, I didn't call them. I'm going to wait until my LOR committee letter is sent, and then I'll wait to hear something. If I don't hear anything still, then I'll have to give them a call.

Wow, the committee still hasn't sent your LOR? That's aggravating. But thank you. Mine is Monday and I'm kind of nervous since it's the first one... it's too bad it's not more conversational... I hate stiff interviews!

i'm in the same boat. i recently received the same letter from SUNY. kinda bummed out to have to play the waiting game, but there's not much we can do. :shrug: