SUNY DS off campus: North Slope vs. South Slope vs. Prospect Hts:

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ilanahg

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi fellow Downstaters:

For those of you that live off campus-- I'm looking for housing in bklyn. How convenient is it to live in South Slope or Prospect Heights, and do many people live in these areas?

Thanks!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

most of brooklyn is convenient if you have a car. go with prospect heights or north slope if you're looking for subway access.

p.s. south slope isn't such a great area.

downstateguy said:
most of brooklyn is convenient if you have a car. go with prospect heights or north slope if you're looking for subway access.

p.s. south slope isn't such a great area.

Thanks a lot for the advice-- just one more quick question-- what would you consider the southern-most part of park slope that would be convenient?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

I'm considering off campus too and I have a car. Any suggestions for parking around campus, parkslope or prospect heights? I get the impression that parking around the school is very difficult.

BGGA said:
Hi,

I'm considering off campus too and I have a car. Any suggestions for parking around campus, parkslope or prospect heights? I get the impression that parking around the school is very difficult.

I'm a native new yorker and have never owned a car (except for a short stint when I lived in wchester). Personally (and it may be different for bklyn vs. manhattan) I think you're better off without that albatross around your neck.

I did, however, see a huge parking lot just opposite king's county. I'm planning on taking the train (no matter where I live).