SUNY decisions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asa5

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone on hold at SUNY heard back yet? The wait is just too long...

Members don't see this ad.

I called couple of days ago, they told me applicants who are on hold should hear something by about first week of april.

Hey guys,

Just want to let you know that I will probably be declining my SUNY seat within the next couple of weeks. Hopefully this will help!! I'm still trying to decide whether I want to pass on the opportunity to live in NYC or not...HARD DECISION THIS IS! Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah it is getting annoying now...I haven't heard that any other school holds out their decision for this long....I am getting impatient....I would have sign up somewhere else if it weren't for their super low tuition :p

asa5: where else have you apply? do you get anywhere else to go if SUNY doesn't work out?

I know even i'm getting impatient and it just adds more stress.
I have gotten accepted to PCO however I hope that I get into SUNY, my first choice since I live in NYC.

hey, asa5, we are on the same boat. I applied to suny last summer as an early decision applicant. but they said that i don't have enough exposure to optometry, so they wanted me to shadow more doctors. I did, and submitted a reaction paper to them; but they still put me on hold until now. SUNY is my first choice too, hopefull everything would work out well to both of us.

Hi Everyone;

I have really good news to share, I was interviewed on 2/12, and now just yesterday I received my acceptance letter!!!!
I am sending in my 500 bucks this week, SUNY here I come!

so there is hope, just be patient!:D

woow!! congratulations!! now u have to share ur stats, if u dont mind, so that the rest of us can gage our chances... thanks!! and party hardddd

my overall gpa is around 3.5, OAT 370, had shadowing experience with 3 optometrist in different field ,and I work for an OMD for about a year now, I am her tech.

I want to party hard...but I still have to work...full time :rolleyes:

anyone else hear anything yet? :(